ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa nightmare.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

teejie99
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiance visa nightmare.

Post by teejie99 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi,

I'm a UK citizen and my Fiance US citizen.

I am basically writing because I have had a bombshell from my accountant.

I have been self-employed for 5 years. The tax year that ended in April 2021 saw me earning near 5k over the threshold for a fiance visa, once expenses were deducted, it was about 3.5k over the threshold.

However, I became a temporary foster carer to some family members in September 2020 and began receiving foster care money for them. I sent off my documents to the accountant thinking we'd be fine to make the requirement but the deduction for the foster children was £23000!! I knew it would be a lot but I didn't realise quite so much and I didn't realise it would eat into my other profits.

So now I am 5k below the threshold even though I have technically been paid £38000 in the 2020-2021 tax year.

I guess my question is, are me and my fiance screwed? We were about to finish our application and hoping my fiance would be in the country by the end of the year, paying for the fast track service. Now it looks like years away.