ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prettylady
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiance Visa Queries

Post by Prettylady » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:22 pm

Hello, I have a couple of questions pertaining to a Fiancé visa and I just wanted to check a few things before submitting the application as I don’t want to make an expensive mistake.

I have been in a long distance relationship with my partner for 3 years. During this time we have flown back and forth numerous times to see each other and spent about 11 months together during the pandemic. I am confident that we can prove that this is a genuine relationship as we have conversations from the day we met, pictures, flight tickets, gift receipts etc. My partner proposed via video call however he plans to propose again in person when we are reunited in a couple of months. We are eager to get married, preferably in the UK so we have now began the process of applying for a fiancé visa but will only submit the application once he has proposed in person. My questions are as follows:
1. Would the fact that he initially proposed over the phone raise concerns?
2. We plan to submit the application literally a few days after he proposes in person, again will this raise any concerns. Should there be a gap between face to face proposal and application?
3. What kind of proof needs to be submitted to prove that we intend to get married? Again would it be suspicious if I start enquiring with venues etc now as he hasn’t proposed in person?
4. On his visits here he has always stated that he is visiting family but has given my address. He has never told immigration that he is visiting his girlfriend. Would this be a red flag as I guess false information has been provided. Should this be flagged in a cover letter?
5. Aside from proof of intent to marry, are the other documents required the exact same as the spouse visa?
6. Is he allowed to travel on a fiancé visa as we would love to book a honeymoon?

Thank you so much in advance for any help provided.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Fiance Visa Queries

Post by THO » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:11 am

Hi,

1) The HO don't know how he proposed, it does not matter, don't mention it. Just need the evidence the relationship is real and that you intend to marry.

2) No, as far as the HO are concerned you are already his Fiance. Why wait to apply for the visa, it takes a good few weeks to get and also, if there are any snags weeks just pass by while the appeal goes through. My advice is get is started now.

3) I had a battle with HO and people on here, I won with HO but that is not to say it would not have been easier if I had showed receipts for rings and inquiries into venues. There is nothing that can prove you are going to get married, enquiring with a venue when you don't even know what date you are expecting to get married is stupid and not relevant, and what if all you want to do is a registry office and go for a meal with friends and family afterwards? However, most people here recommend getting info from venues, and it doesn't hurt, but I'd just concentrate on showing them the relationship is real with date stamped photos and showing your travel history etc.

4) Don't bring it up. He came to your address and stayed with you, you have pictures, chat history. He also visited his family, which is perfectly reasonable.

5) yes make sure the financial documents are correct and in date, also language certs and TB if needed etc. Double check on here before you submit telling people what you are intending to send.

6) I can't answer.

Prettylady
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Prettylady » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply and give advice Tho, I really appreciate it. I have a couple of follow up questions...

1. Awesome thank you

2. The reason we wanted to wait to apply is so that he can have time to buy a ring so that we can include the receipt as support and some engagement pictures, but I guess this isn't necessary?

3. You mentioned time stamped photos, 99% of our pictures have been taken on our smartphones so these are not time stamped. I was planning to manually add the date to the pictures, is that okay or is it advisable to take a screenshot of the picture in my photo album which displays the date and time of the picture at the top.

4. Just to clarify, he has also given my name to immigration when interviewed and said that we are cousins as our mums are sisters so he has deliberately lied. Could this potentially be flagged?

5. Amazing thank you, I will definitely do that

6. No problem, thank you for your time!

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Was 4 written down and included in his visa application? i.e. did he lie on an official document, saying that your mothers are sisters, when in-fact they are not and he is not your cousin? Or did he just tell the immigration officer at the airport, and it was not entered anywhere?

I'm not sure how much of a fine toothed comb they will use to go through previous visas to look for lies. They certainly often don't seem to take the time to look at the evidence provided to them, (did not in my case anyway) to make the right decision, so I don't think they have the time to scrutinise every previous visa.

As for the rings, some people don't wear rings, nothing anywhere says you have to have a ring to be engaged.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Have you registered a second username to ask questions again in a slightly different way??

member/JoieZion/

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p2024058

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.