ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Fiancé visa

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

Hello,

My Russian partner applied for a fiancé visa from Moscow last month.

It was pretty stressful at the time due to a number of factors and although had been quite meticulous about the VF4 form and associated docs my partner left the main application to the last minute.

So we had a number of false starts using the wrong application forms and eventually I sought helpline advice to apply under the settlement marriage option.

However I’m now worried as during the completion of the main application I cannot recall the various options and selections made but I do know that I was transferred to pay the IHS surcharge which I did.

The application was submitted via the Moscow application centre and I sent all other documents including V4F to Sheffield direct.

The V4 was very clear in that the application was as a fiancé but don’t know now how I ended up paying the IHS surcharge as I believe this isn’t applicable for a fiancé visa application.

It might be that there was an option at the end that triggered the IHS charge that I should’ have selected and which will have no bearing on the application, but I’m sure you can predict my concern that the ECO may just reject the application if somehow it’s ended up with a unmarried partner tag rather than fiancé visa.

I’m hoping any half decent ECO would query this if there was a clear discrepancy with the V4 and supporting narratives and evidence but as with most applicants have no real idea how they operate.

On a lesser point I would also like to get the money back on the IHS surcharge and am unclear how to initiate this.

Can anyone provide me with any reassurance?

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Fiancé visa

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 am

Hello Liverpool48,

First of all you should look at your application form 1 page, it should be written settlement- settlement- marriage

Normally you are not required to pay IHS fee for this type of application. Have you been issues IHS number?

Try to check this first.

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am

Yes I have IHS number

Partner is checking application but I think once it was finalised on the website we couldn’t access it again.

Probably should have kept a 2nd copy ☹️.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am

You can access it from the web site, just print out the application.

If you have ihs number, my guess is that you applied for a wrong type of visa - unmarried partner, for which 2 years of cohabitation are required

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am

Unfortunately it says unmarried partner.

So the question is have I just thrown 150 pounds down the drain and it is inevitable that the ECO will just assess on this basis, which will fail because it was intended to be a Fiancé visa as per V4.

Is it conceivable they will query inconsistencies or just follow the main application.

I’d rather not wait another 6 weeks if the outcome is going to be a rejection.

Has anyone had experience of this or contacting Sheffield to clarify an error in the application?

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am

Of course I meant 1500 pounds

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:46 am

Liverpool48 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 am
Unfortunately it says unmarried partner.

So the question is have I just thrown 150 pounds down the drain and it is inevitable that the ECO will just assess on this basis, which will fail because it was intended to be a Fiancé visa as per V4.

Is it conceivable they will query inconsistencies or just follow the main application.

I’d rather not wait another 6 weeks if the outcome is going to be a rejection.

Has anyone had experience of this or contacting Sheffield to clarify an error in the application?
Liverpool48, I am very sorry for your mistake. Personally, I don't have any experience in that. But I know that ECOs are very tough these days, most of the times they don't clarify anything and look for the reasons for rejection.
You can try to contact paid UKVI line (outside of the UK), maybe they will help. Maybe some other members of the forum suggest you something useful or try to seek a legal advice. Wish you good luck in this difficult process...

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Called UKVI who agreed to email an escalation to Sheffield asking to reassign application to fiancé visa to tie in withV4. No guarantee but hopefully they will reclassify as it’s only 5 weeks since application without priority 🙏🏻

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Liverpool48 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Called UKVI who agreed to email an escalation to Sheffield asking to reassign application to fiancé visa to tie in withV4. No guarantee but hopefully they will reclassify as it’s only 5 weeks since application without priority 🙏🏻
Fingers crossed, try to write them email as well, to have it on paper for you

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Good point. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm
Liverpool48 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Fingers crossed, try to write them email as well, to have it on paper for you
It's good idea. Apart of emailing, send them your request in writing by post as well. Correspondence in papers still have importance than emails.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 pm

It's good idea. Apart of emailing, send them your request in writing by post as well. Correspondence in papers still have importance than emails.
Yes, seagul is right, send him an official letter as well, because emails are phone calls are handled by the third party, and not UKVI themselves.
By the way, I recommend you to check what you wrote in Appendix 2, Unmarried partner of Fiance, maybe you have to correct it as well.

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks.

Appendix 2 was fine it was just the main application option that seemed odd to select marriage as it was the fiancé visa we wanted and unmarried partner seemed the more appropriate option. Of course we know that is incorrect now, so hopefully all will be fine. Letter to go tomorrow.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Good luck Liverpool48

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:12 pm

out of interest did you hear anything on this ?