ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - USA to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CraigM
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiance Visa - USA to UK

Post by CraigM » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello,

First post on this board! After reading many useful tips from other individuals, I'm looking for some help regarding my fiance and I.

We have applied for a fiance visa (she is a USA citizen) to allow her to come here and marry. After a mix up with the Home Office we received the following e-mail notification on 15th January:

The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa. To complete this process we require you to undertake the following steps:

Please submit your passport to the following address:

British Consulate General New York
845 Third Avenue,
New York,
NY 10022
and provide a prepaid courier envelope and an account number so that your passport can be returned to you. (Please note that FedEx is not an acceptable courier company)

Has anyone had previous experience of this, or advise as to how long they take to physically 'stamp' the passport and send it back?
Basically as soon as she receives her passport she will be flying over to the UK!!

shadowfair

Re: Fiance Visa - USA to UK

Post by shadowfair » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:55 am

What was the reason for refusal if you don’t mind sharing

I am applyinh soon and want to succeed first time