ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Salifu
Newly Registered
Ghana

Financial Requirement

Post by Salifu » Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi, I am preparing to apply for my husband. I currently earn a basic salary of 18,240 per annum but have been working overtime to increase the amount. Do they take overtime into consideration? I also have 16,120 in savings I have just read that the first 16,000 doesn't count. Can we add the extra 530 without having it there for six months. This process is stressing me out so much. I just want my husband home. Can anyone help? Thanks

lutga
Japan

Re: Financial Requirement

Post by lutga » Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 pm

I'd say in borderline cases like this where you're really on the cusp of the financial requirement, firstly, do everything you can to make sure your monthly income for the payslips and bank statements your are submitting gives a picture of a reliable, stable situation - basically, that they can trust you are going to keep earning this amount. This might mean waiting a few months to make sure your 6 months of payslips reflect this, for example.

Likewise with the savings, while they might not make that much of an impact in the grand scheme of the application, the more evidence you can submit to show your finances are 'decent' and that you can support your spouse, the better. Basically, make sure your evidence is absolutely airtight.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial Requirement

Post by seagul » Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Salifu wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi, I am preparing to apply for my husband. I currently earn a basic salary of 18,240 per annum but have been working overtime to increase the amount. Do they take overtime into consideration? I also have 16,120 in savings I have just read that the first 16,000 doesn't count. Can we add the extra 530 without having it there for six months. This process is stressing me out so much. I just want my husband home. Can anyone help? Thanks
Yes the overtime is considered towards meeting the financial requirement along with the base/fixed wages. Usually the overtime vary each month so the non-salaried person method is being used for calculating it where the average of last 6 months is taken to convert it into annual figure like: total of 6 months overtime/6*12. Basic salary still can fall under salaried person if the job is with present employer from last 6 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.