ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp, where to live? Got notification of person liable to be detained

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peejay23
Newly Registered

Flr fp, where to live? Got notification of person liable to be detained

Post by Peejay23 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

My partner is in a very tricky situation, too long to go into lots of detail. She is under a notification of a person liable to be detained, under that she has to stay at the same address and report every 4 weeks to the police. She has today submitted an flr fp application, does anyone know if she still has to stay at the same address?

Peejay23
Newly Registered

Re: Flr fp, where to live? Got notification of person liable to be detained

Post by Peejay23 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Bump, to add a bit of further information, she has 2 children, both have British passports, she was never married and came and has stayed on a variety of visas but now has been served this notice. The 2 children were born here to a person who does have citizenship. Our problem is she lives in Aberdeen and I live way down south in Bedfordshire, the rent on her flat is payed for by her ex partner, but he is getting bad at paying the rent and we really want to live together anyway, her flr/fp only went in just over a month ago, she’s still not even been invited for biometrics!! So it could be over a year before her decision, then likely a refusal. We’ve known each other for about 3 years but only got serious in the last 4 months, it’s costing me a fortune travelling back and forth to Aberdeen and obviously I can’t stay in her flat so it’s Airbnb plus flights etc. Are there other options that we could pursue without her leaving the country? Really I’m happy for her to move in with me and she’s happy to move the school age child to a school near me, but her notice says she must stay at this address in Aberdeen even though that is in jeapordy, plus she has to do a 4 weekly report to the police in Aberdeen and may have to provide further information that she still lives there?? Really we are serious about each other, we know it is a long and uncertain road we are on, but she deserves the security living with me would provide and I want her filly in my life!!

Any help or suggestions welcome

sam550

Post by sam550 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 am

If she have children who live with her then she won't be detained.
I leave rest of the question to be answered by more experienced user.

Peejay23
Newly Registered

Post by Peejay23 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Yes the children do live with her in an apartment rented by her ex, who she was never legally married to, I think he understands his obligation, but is a really nasty piece of work, neither of us know what he might do next!!! She is sparing him the worst she could do, although it would guarantee her a visa, but she knows what he is capable of both here and on Togo.

Thanks for that bit of re-assurance that she won’t be detained, at least if she continues her monthly reports, the thing we both want though is during the upcoming summer holidays to get her out of the flat and into my house