ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Extension Savings/Self-Employment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RanaR
Newly Registered
New Zealand

FLR (M) Extension Savings/Self-Employment

Post by RanaR » Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 am

I will be applying for FLR (M) Extension in the coming weeks. Fortunately my husband has held sufficient savings for the past 6 months to meet the financial criteria.

I currently work part-time on a self-employed basis but I am not relying on my self-employed earnings as they would be insufficient.

As I am working I have had to tick the employment box so the online system seems to automatically require me to produce 6-months of payslips, bank statements, tax returns etc All of these I can upload as required.

However I don't know whether it is necessary to obtain a letter from my two clients who I invoice in a self-employed capacity? If in your opinion I should obtain these letters, what should they say?

I also hope this doesn't over complicate my application for the case worker but I don't see that I have a choice.

I would appreciate anyone's feedback

Thank you in advance

PS I take it we don't have to supply passport photos of applicant or sponsor with the new system?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Extension Savings/Self-Employment

Post by seagul » Fri May 24, 2019 10:44 am

RanaR wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 am
I will be applying for FLR (M) Extension in the coming weeks. Fortunately my husband has held sufficient savings for the past 6 months to meet the financial criteria.

Simply use savings alone if these were not fallen below £62500 even a single day during the last 6 months. You will also have to declare its source such as wages, family gift, sale of valuable etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

RanaR
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RanaR » Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you seagul
I agree, I would prefer to deal with the savings alone but the form asks if the applicant is working in the UK and for transparency reasons I have ticked 'Yes' which seems to then require me to present all the extra employment paperwork regardless of the fact that isn't my chosen option to prove financially my presence here in the UK will not create a burden on the state.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 24, 2019 2:10 pm

RanaR wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:50 pm
Thank you seagul
I agree, I would prefer to deal with the savings alone but the form asks if the applicant is working in the UK and for transparency reasons I have ticked 'Yes' which seems to then require me to present all the extra employment paperwork regardless of the fact that isn't my chosen option to prove financially my presence here in the UK will not create a burden on the state.
Preferably don't tick as yes which isn't means of giving false information because you are not using it for visa purposes. If you ticked yes then caseworker might be confused and for self employment not just 6 months of payslips & bank statements are needed rather an extensive range of documents are needed. So just tick as no.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

RanaR
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RanaR » Fri May 24, 2019 2:14 pm

Thank you - I will Keep It Simple ...!