ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M - Financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

FLR M - Financial requirement

Post by chokaschoza » Thu May 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello to All Moderators and Contributors,

This forum as always been very helpful in resolving queries.

My wife has her first extension due in first week of September 2021.

I have been collecting all the required documents for Co-habitation from past couple of years. We also have her B1 certificate for satisfying English Language requirement. We also have one child (British Passport). I will write a detail post closer to the time to get my list of documents checked.

My question is about financial requirement as circumstances changed at my workplace. I handed in my notice on 17th May 2021 and I got following response.

"I am writing to confirm our acceptance of your resignation letter dated 17 May 2021 and I would like to confirm that your employment at xxx will end on 17 May 2021.

You will be paid up to and including 17 Aug 2021 in August payroll. You will also receive payment for xx days due from balance of your holiday. Your final salary will be paid to you in Aug 2021 and your payslip along with your P45 will be forwarded to you...."

My questions are as follows

A) I have three months contractual notice. I am concerned because of the wording 'will end on 17 May 2021'. My question is in the eyes of HO, am I employed till Aug 2021 or May 2021 ?

B) To satisfy the financial requirement, I will be providing how many payslips from this Job please? 6 or 12?

C) Shall I get the payslips stamped as they are e-payslips?

D) Do I need P45 for visa purposes?

E) Do I need letter from this employer that payslips are genuine?

F) Am I correct in understanding that I need to have another Job offer on hand (Salary above 18,600) before applying for extension? (Me and my wife are already looking)

G) Would I be going through 3B route where if you change job in last 12 months you have to provide thorough evidence from past 12 months plus job offer (Salary above 18600) if you are out of employment. I was with this employer on Sep 2020. I just wanted to see the roadmap so that I can plan and act accordingly.

H) A small related question (if anyone knows) is if I get another job before 17th Aug 2021, would that be considered as my Second Job until the contractual period i.e. 17 August 2021 expires?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Spouse(Wife) Standard
App Submitted Online: 15/09/18
Bio-metrics: Lahore, PK 17/09/18
Supp Docs Sent: 18/09/18
ECO Email: 25/10/18
Docs Returned: 26/10/18
Decision: ALHAMDULILLAH !! Approved 04/12/18

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: FLR M - Financial requirement

Post by chokaschoza » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:17 am

A further question to this

I am in quest of securing role before applying for my wife's extension which is due on 07/09/21. My current employment ends on 17/08/21.

Please advise reading part-time role. Does that also satisfy financial requirement provided it is above 18,600 per annum?

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Hi Experts,

I really need some guidance on part-time and Fixed term 9 months contract please if they are paying above 18,600 threshold. Will it satisfy financial requirement of FLR M i.e. first extension of spouse visa.

Please advise as I do not want to put my wife on 10 years route.

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:38 pm

chokaschoza wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:05 pm
Hi Experts,

I really need some guidance on part-time and Fixed term 9 months contract please if they are paying above 18,600 threshold. Will it satisfy financial requirement of FLR M i.e. first extension of spouse visa.

Please advise as I do not want to put my wife on 10 years route.

Many thanks in advance.
Yes fixed term contract are allowed and as long as you meet the requirement, you should be fine.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi,

I have urgent query please.

FLR M extension for wife due 07/09/2021.

Financial requirement question

I have recently finished my employment (leaving date 17/08/21) and have confirmed permanent offer letter in hand starting from 13/09/21. I started my previous employment in Sep 2020 so I have 12 months payslips from them. Salary in both jobs is significantly above financial requirement.

My question is on financial requirement, the form says what is your current job title. Technically as of today I am unemployed. What should I write please? Am I in hot water here?

Secondly they are also asking if the applicant is director of limited company which she is but the business is still in infancy and does not have substantial income. Should we mention her ? She is seeking employment as well.

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:34 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:58 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:34 am
If unemployed on the date of application, then hot water?
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your response.

From your response, I am assuming that Application needs to be made before 07/09/21 which I am aware of. I am making online application and have started filling in. Secondly, I need to be employed at the date of application otherwise my wife will be put on 10 year route?

I am thinking of asking my new company to bring employment date forward so that I can start early. Would that help? and Will offer letter from new employer be sufficient document as evidence?

Thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Yes. I think evidence of being employed on the date of the application should help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:38 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:13 pm
Yes. I think evidence of being employed on the date of the application should help.
Thanks again.

So Offer letter from new employer for current employment.

12 Payslips from previous employer either stamped or issued with employer letter confirming dates, type of employment and that payslips are authentic along with respective period bank statements (stamped)

Also, I have received P45 from previous employer. Shall I include that or P60 from April 2021 please?

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:27 pm

chokaschoza wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 pm
Hi,

I have recently finished my employment (leaving date 17/08/21) and have confirmed permanent offer letter in hand starting from 13/09/21. I started my previous employment in Sep 2020 so I have 12 months payslips from them. Salary in both jobs is significantly above financial requirement.

My question is on financial requirement, the form says what is your current job title. Technically as of today I am unemployed. What should I write please? Am I in hot water here? You are not employed at the date of the application so your application could potentially be refused or at risk on being put on 10 years route. Why don't you ask your employer to move the date you intend to start back to 07/09/21 so at least you are covered for the date of the application?

Secondly they are also asking if the applicant is director of limited company which she is but the business is still in infancy and does not have substantial income. Should we mention her ? She is seeking employment as well.

Many thanks in advance.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:27 pm
chokaschoza wrote:
Hi,

My question is on financial requirement, the form says what is your current job title. Technically as of today I am unemployed. What should I write please? Am I in hot water here? You are not employed at the date of the application so your application could potentially be refused or at risk on being put on 10 years route. Why don't you ask your employer to move the date you intend to start back to 07/09/21 so at least you are covered for the date of the application?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

Yes this is what I am thinking to talk with them on Tuesday.

The unemployment gap between 17/08/21 (leaving date of last job) and start date of new job (potential 07/09/21) is acceptable?

Thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:14 pm

chokaschoza wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm
TODMATT wrote:
chokaschoza wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

The unemployment gap between 17/08/21 (leaving date of last job) and start date of new job (potential 07/09/21) is acceptable?

Thanks in advance.
Yes that should be fine because you would have been employed at the date of the application. You should also submit your employment contract as it is extremely important you should since you won't have any recent payslip from new employer.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:17 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:14 pm
chokaschoza wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm
TODMATT wrote:
chokaschoza wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Yes that should be fine because you would have been employed at the date of the application. You should also submit your employment contract as it is extremely important you should since you won't have any recent payslip from new employer.
Yes thank you! All depends upon what happens on Tuesday. hoping for the best.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi,

Update: New Employer happy to start my employment early. So I will be joining them on 6th September and I have Signed Contract available.

Couple of issues:

1. My leaving date on P45 sent by my employer is 17/08/21. I have received Sep 2020 to Aug 2021 (12) Payslips and P60 stamped. The employer letter I received, however, says I was employed with them from Sep 2020 to May 2021 on full time basis. It does not mention the 3 month contractual notice period which concerns me how it will be treated by case worker. I have sent them email and waiting for response to amend leaving date. Please advise if they don't agree Shall I

a) send P45 instead of employer letter, would that be helpful? I understand Employer letter has more weightage.
b) Send a cover letter explaining the situation.

Note: Even for the Sep 20 - May 21 period, I am above the 18.6K threshold

2. I was briefly out of job before Sep 2020 and had applied for Universal Credit (UC). But then I got this job (03/09/2020) and asked UC team (04/09/2020) to stop my benefit (I have detailed communication on my UC account). Even after my message of telling them to stop UC, they mistakenly put money in my account on 30th October 2020 out of nowhere when I was already 2 months in then new job. I spotted it straightaway and messaged them again. They mentioned something about not received any reported earnings from employer etc, had multiple communications with them back and forth and then they finally accepted that there has been an overpayment asking me to pay back in March 2021. I made payment from my Second bank account so that it does not appear in my primary bank statement. I wanted to avoid that DWP UC line on my primary bank statement as I was thinking ahead and getting ready for usual financial requirements (6 month bank statement and payslips) for me being in the same job for over 6 months in September 2021 when I would apply for my spouse visa extension. Then this May 2021 event happened and now I am in position when this DWP UC line is showing under my October 2020 payroll payment from employer. As I have to submit 12 months payslips and bank statement under Cat B.

Shall I also add payback statement from second account, communication from UC account along with explanation in anticipation? What if case worker spots it and it can cause complication ?

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Couple of queries please

1. Land registry is issued on a day after date of flrm application. the edition date for registry is from 2017 when property title was transferred in my name. I did have online copy before date of application but it was not official. is it a problem?

I applied for official copy last week but didn't realise they will use not use the registry form date as issue date.

2. Online halifax statement does not show postcode for some reason. I also got a copy printed from within bank and it came printed without post code as well. Then I called halifax and arranged a postal statement last week which is still not turned up. What shall I do here please as sopra steria appointment is next thursday 16/09

Many thanks in advance.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Just wanted to inform that My wife FLR M has been successful. Thanks once again for the moderators and contributors on the post.
Spouse(Wife) Standard

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Congratulations. I am glad everything worked for you.