ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) First application proof of address - worried.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

conguyuk83
Newly Registered

FLR (M) First application proof of address - worried.

Post by conguyuk83 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:26 am

Hi,

Sorry for the long-winded rambling post.

I’m after some advice regarding supporting documentation of proof of address.

My wife is on the fiancé visa, arrived on the 5th of October, and we lived at my parents for one month.

We then moved into a house on the 5th of November that I have purchased and have a mortgage for on the 5th.

We want to apply in February for our first application, but are really not sure about how much documentation we need to provide.

I didn’t have any documentation at my parents ,and neither does my wife. I only have bank statements for me for the first month of when she arrived. At my parents address.

Having moved in to the new property, I put the council tax in our joint names.

We currently have the following:

4/11/20 – Letter in my name confirming first mortgage payments from Barclays
5/11/20 – Letter from United Utilities in my name confirming water account set up
17/12/20 - Letter from NHS confirming at our current address confirming an appointment was attended in my wife’s name
9/11/20 – Council tax bill original in both names
10/12/2020 – Council tax bill amendment in joint names
13/12/20 – Letter from HSBC rejecting a request to open a bank account in wife’s name – (I don’t know if this will even count.)

Is this going be a problem?

Will we even have a problem if we can get more documentation together, as it doesn’t go back far enough?
We are worried, and want to know what we should do with regards to getting more documentation, and if it will be enough.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) First application proof of address - worried.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 am

Proof of cohabitation is not required for a fiance visa holder switching to FLR m. Just submit a couple of pieces of evidence from new address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

conguyuk83
Newly Registered

Post by conguyuk83 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:27 pm

Thank you so much for the reply! It's so helpful.

so, is it the second FLM (M) application, or extension after the 2.5 years that requires the 6 documents in joint names that I was thinking of then?

Many thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:32 pm

conguyuk83 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:27 pm
Thank you so much for the reply! It's so helpful.

so, is it the second FLM (M) application, or extension after the 2.5 years that requires the 6 documents in joint names that I was thinking of then?

Many thanks.
Yes
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.