ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) passport retained

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

FLR(M) passport retained

Post by amehmood04916 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Afternoon all

My wife applied for flrm on 12.03.2019 using online services and posted the documents. She got all the documents back on 09.04.2019 accept passport. She got approval letter 15.04.2019 and received BRP same day in the evening. Why home office kept her passport ? is it normal? It also worth mentioning that home office also posted back the old/expired BRP with other paper work.

Please share your experience and advice if we should just wait or call home office?

Thanks

mjw6
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) passport retained

Post by mjw6 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi, has your wife received her passport back yet?

My wife is in a similar position. We submitted online application on 13th March, posted the supporting docs a few days later and she did her biometrics the week after. She received the supporting documents back early April (letter dated 28th March) including my passport as the sponsor, but the letter said they are retaining her passport. A few days later she received her BRP and a day later a letter (dated 1st April) stating she had been granted her extension. We are still waiting for her passport. I phoned HO 2 weeks ago and they said they have up to 2 months to send the passport back as this is within normal timescales.

Seems like we will just have to wait. Think the new Septoria system would have been quicker in hindsight but who knows! Also, completely backwards of them to return the old BRP back to us when we have to send it back to them anyway!! I cut my wife’s old one up and sent it to the address they tell you to send it to as soon as it came back.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:47 pm

NO Still waiting for the passport.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:23 pm

Very strange that why HO retaining passport after granting leave :shock: :shock:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mjw6
Newly Registered

Post by mjw6 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Called HO (again) on Monday and was advised that passports and supporting documents should be returned within 10 days of receiving BRP. The lady I spoke to advised to write to the Sheffield address quoting the Case ID and requesting that my wife’s passport be returned.

Address is:

PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Frustrating!

enham401
Newly Registered

Post by enham401 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Same situation here. Applied in March and received the docs yesterday with a letter stating passport retained. It’s weird they keep the passport even though no stamp or visa is pasted on it. Considering your circumstances, at least they should have returned it with the BRP. Annoying

mjw6
Newly Registered

Post by mjw6 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi guys, any updates? We are still waiting! No response from the letter I sent 2 weeks ago and I also used the online application form for returning docs to try and get this expedited. However, that is only for returning British sponsoring spouse’s docs but thought I would give it a try to see if it will work.

If we don’t hear anything early next week, I am going to email the complaints team.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello All

NO updates as yet. I sent letter as suggested above two week ago but no success. Called Home office they said post another letter. Not helpful, disgusting behavior and rude staff.
We had some holidays planned but stuck with this situation and can't book anything. I am thinking to just apply for a replacement passport and report the other one as lost.

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Quick Update

Received passport today by RM signed for. It seems the letter I posted did the JOB.

Thanks

mjw6
Newly Registered

Post by mjw6 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks For the update. Glad you finally received your wife’s passport!

Same boat for us......We received my wife’s passport on Saturday as well.

Now to arrange a Schengen visa to go on holiday abroad!!! The joys!