ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Spouse visa further leave to remain, child's proof of address?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lokum786
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLR (M) Spouse visa further leave to remain, child's proof of address?

Post by lokum786 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Hello folks,

I'm going to be submitting the further leave to remain application in August for my wife's spouse visa (as my wife's BRP is going to expire September 6th 2021).

We have a daughter who was born 18months ago. She's British by birth, has a Passport and UK Birth Certificate. Would we need to submit a letter addressed to her within the past 3 months as part of the application or would the 2 documents suffice? If so, what would be ok to use? My GP surgery won't provide a letter and she's not really registered anywhere else. I was thinking of opening a saver account for her but that would technically be my account so I'm a bit stuck.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (M) Spouse visa further leave to remain, child's proof of address?

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:59 pm

lokum786 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Hello folks,

I'm going to be submitting the further leave to remain application in August for my wife's spouse visa (as my wife's BRP is going to expire September 6th 2021).

We have a daughter who was born 18months ago. She's British by birth, has a Passport and UK Birth Certificate. Would we need to submit a letter addressed to her within the past 3 months as part of the application or would the 2 documents suffice? If so, what would be ok to use? My GP surgery won't provide a letter and she's not really registered anywhere else. I was thinking of opening a saver account for her but that would technically be my account so I'm a bit stuck.
I do not believe you need any letter addressed to your daughter. The application form does ask you for her passport and if you don't have it, you can submit birth certificate. I will also suggest you do a dummy application now.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.