ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tony2018
Newly Registered

FLR-M

Post by Tony2018 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

My wife has a Fiancée visa and we just got married. What documents do we need to submit please? Does she need A1 or A2 English Certificate? Do we need to include any CRB or family certificate? How about pictures we had submitted with our Fiancée visa, do we need to prove our relationship still? Or just the UK marriage certificate is enough? Also people say we should have 6 items with joint names, is this for the first part of FLR-m or the second 2and 1/2 years?

I would be grateful to anyone who can help.

Thanks,
Tony

Riori

Re: FLR-M

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Tony2018 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi guys,

My wife has a Fiancée visa and we just got married. What documents do we need to submit please?
When I did my first part of the Spouse visa, alot of the documents were similar to the ones used for the fiancee visa.
Does she need A1 or A2 English Certificate? A1 for the first part and A2 for the second but possibly A2 will cover both but you would need to check with someone who had done this as A2 was not out when I did my first 2.5 year visa.
Do we need to include any CRB or family certificate? Not as far as I know, did not have either in my visa.
How about pictures we had submitted with our Fiancée visa, do we need to prove our relationship still? Or just the UK marriage certificate is enough? You need to prove you got married etc. I supplied Wedding pictures, receipt of rings, wedding invite, etc. Also relationship evidence such as whatsapp messages, holidays together etc.
Also people say we should have 6 items with joint names, is this for the first part of FLR-m or the second 2and 1/2 years?For both. Either items with joint names or 12 with seperate names but showing same address and same type of time frame.
This is of course on my own experience and may not all be correct for your circumstances

Thanks,
Tony

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 pm

Tony2018 wrote:
Hi guys,

My wife has a Fiancée visa and we just got married. What documents do we need to submit please? Does she need A1 or A2 English Certificate? Do we need to include any CRB or family certificate? How about pictures we had submitted with our Fiancée visa, do we need to prove our relationship still? Or just the UK marriage certificate is enough? Also people say we should have 6 items with joint names, is this for the first part of FLR-m or the second 2and 1/2 years?

Thanks,
Tony
For initial spouse visa you have to supply same most recent dated documents like you supplied for fiancee visa. Moreover, you won't need to attach 6 piece of proofs of cohabitation at that stage but all evidences of subsisting relationship right from the beginning of the relationship till date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm

For the first FLR(M) application, you are only required to show that you have been living together since the marriage. The 6 pieces of evidence for co-habitation is only required for the 2nd FLR(M) extension and for ILR.

The marriage certificate is sufficient evidence that you are legally married. Also the fiance visa application was assessed to confirm a genuine relationship....you aren't required to do this again. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tony2018
Newly Registered

Post by Tony2018 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you very much for your help.
Riori wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm
Tony2018 wrote:
Hi guys,

My wife has a Fiancée visa and we just got married. What documents do we need to submit please?
When I did my first part of the Spouse visa, alot of the documents were similar to the ones used for the fiancee visa.
Does she need A1 or A2 English Certificate? A1 for the first part and A2 for the second but possibly A2 will cover both but you would need to check with someone who had done this as A2 was not out when I did my first 2.5 year visa.
Do we need to include any CRB or family certificate? Not as far as I know, did not have either in my visa.
How about pictures we had submitted with our Fiancée visa, do we need to prove our relationship still? Or just the UK marriage certificate is enough? You need to prove you got married etc. I supplied Wedding pictures, receipt of rings, wedding invite, etc. Also relationship evidence such as whatsapp messages, holidays together etc.
Also people say we should have 6 items with joint names, is this for the first part of FLR-m or the second 2and 1/2 years?For both. Either items with joint names or 12 with seperate names but showing same address and same type of time frame.
This is of course on my own experience and may not all be correct for your circumstances

Thanks,
Tony

Tony2018
Newly Registered

Post by Tony2018 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi Casa,
Just a quick question. We have booked a trip to Italy before submitting. Is this ok to do on a Fiancee visa(multi entry)? We are only travelling for 5 days. Would this cause any problems? I mean would my wife be allowed entry back to uk( or will they say why we didn’t apply as soon as we got married?)
Thank you for your help. Tony
Casa wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm
For the first FLR(M) application, you are only required to show that you have been living together since the marriage. The 6 pieces of evidence for co-habitation is only required for the 2nd FLR(M) extension and for ILR.

The marriage certificate is sufficient evidence that you are legally married. Also the fiance visa application was assessed to confirm a genuine relationship....you aren't required to do this again. :idea:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Tony2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Hi Casa,
Just a quick question. We have booked a trip to Italy before submitting. Is this ok to do on a Fiancee visa(multi entry)? We are only travelling for 5 days. Would this cause any problems? I mean would my wife be allowed entry back to uk( or will they say why we didn’t apply as soon as we got married?)
Thank you for your help. Tony
Should be fine as long as the visa will be still valid on return and satisfactory answer will be given on asking.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.