ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR (M)

Post by geoeng » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Wouldn't worry about the address change on the bank statements. It sounds like both types of statements you have meet the requirements (either on bank letterhead or electronic statements stamped on every page).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Thank you so much for all the help. I finally submitted my application and have the Biometric appointment at Croydon Center tomorrow.

I have a couple of questions about this appointment.

1. I chose to upload the documents myself on Sopra Steria. Once the pdf file has been uploaded there is no way to open and check the uploaded file. I am doing this on Chrome. I have checked the files and the names many a times but just wanted to be sure by opening the uploaded file again and checking. Is there a way to do this?

2. Do I need to bring all the original documents with me for tomorrow?

3. Any other tips for this Croydon Center appointment for tomorrow?

Thank you so much

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:23 am

Two more questions:

1. Does my wife (sponsor) need to attend this biometrics appointment?

2. While the application is pending, can I apply for a Shengan Visa for Italy based on my current Tier 2?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 am

1. No.

2. Yes. However you can't travel out of the UK while you have an application pending with HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 am

mmicky5050 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 pm
1. I chose to upload the documents myself on Sopra Steria. Once the pdf file has been uploaded there is no way to open and check the uploaded file. I am doing this on Chrome. I have checked the files and the names many a times but just wanted to be sure by opening the uploaded file again and checking. Is there a way to do this?

2. Do I need to bring all the original documents with me for tomorrow?

3. Any other tips for this Croydon Center appointment for tomorrow?
1. Not entirely sure. I never tried to open any of the files after uploading them when I submitted my application. Just went back into my application (for some reason can still do this months afterwards) and it appears I am able to add or remove files but not view anything that has been uploaded.

2. I believe UKVCAS would have sent a confirmation email with what to bring. You don't need them necessarily but might not be a bad idea to take them as they check the quality and legibility of your scanned documents and having the originals with you would allow the opportunity to re-scan a document if they find any issues.

3. Make sure you bring the applicant's passport and print out the sheet with the QR code for the appointment. Don't bring any unnecessary friends/family as they may not let them in.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.