ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

FLR (M)

Post by dinibhudia » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 pm

I have a few question regarding my husbands application.

We applied for ILR - 5 year route April 2020 and it was rejected on July 2021 (1 year and 3 months later) I have posted reasons for this is previous post but unable to comment so have started a new topic.

We was given opportunity for FLR (M) with 30 months extension. We are still waiting for this as we were required to pay £1000 for IHS charge, which was impossible as fees have gone up etc. We have paid new fee although I have written, phoned and tried to get in touch with the case worker who has not replied we are waiting to hear back from Home office.

My questions are -

1) If we get extension of 30 months will this from April 2020 or a new date July 2021 onwards?

2) Will I get any fees back or over paid fees for IHS charge?

3) When can we apply for ILR again?

I am working out my husband would have been in uk for 6 years and 4 months so far, so waiting for 30 month extension I am confused on what will happen next.

4) Can I as a British born claim universal credit as I have a 8month old and my previous work have cut hours due to pandemic, I was his sponsor. However when reapply he meets his own financial requirement, I only sponsored as it was easier to gather documents being employed, he is self employed.

Thankyou for all your help previously.

secret.simon

Re: FLR (M)

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:44 pm

dinibhudia wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 pm
it was rejected on July 2021 (1 year and 3 months later)
What were the reasons given for the rejection?
dinibhudia wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:33 pm
We was given opportunity for FLR (M) with 30 months extension.
Are you sure that it was FLR(M) and not FLR(FP)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

Post by dinibhudia » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 pm

What were the reasons given for the rejection? we did not put down he had a caution, day we put in application we got a court case letter the day after. We didn't hear from police or anyone for more than 24 months before applying.

Are you sure that it was FLR(M) and not FLR(FP)? Yes, limited leave to remain extension 30 months. Quote from letter - "you must select FLR (M) when paying IHS charge."

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

Post by dinibhudia » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 am

My questions are -

1) If we get extension of 30 months will this from April 2020 or a new date July 2021 onwards?

I am working out my husband would have been in uk for 6 years and 4 months so far, so waiting for 30 month extension I am confused on what will happen next.

4) Can I as a British born claim universal credit as I have a 8month old and my previous work have cut hours due to pandemic, I was his sponsor. However when reapply he meets his own financial requirement, I only sponsored as it was easier to gather documents being employed, he is self employed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:36 am

It will be valid from date of approval.
What over paid fees for IHS are you referring to? If you paid £1000, this is the correct amount to pay.
It depends on what the approval letter says and what route is approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

Post by dinibhudia » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:36 am
What over paid fees for IHS are you referring to? If you paid £1000, this is the correct amount to pay.
We were unable to contact caseworker or anyone with advice or support on how to pay £1000 IHS instead of £1560 new IHS fee charge before date required. I emailed, phoned numerous times and wrote a letter to explain before the date they said.

Question 4) Can I as a British born claim universal credit as I have a 8month old and my previous work have cut hours due to pandemic, I was his sponsor. However when reapply he meets his own financial requirement, I only sponsored as it was easier to gather documents being employed, he is self employed.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

Post by dinibhudia » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Can I as a British born claim universal credit as I have a 8month old and my previous work have cut hours due to pandemic, I was his sponsor. However when reapply he meets his own financial requirement, I only sponsored as it was easier to gather documents being employed, he is self employed.

dinibhudia
Newly Registered

Post by dinibhudia » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:18 pm

I would be grateful for a response to the above question asked. I have read other posts but still unsure.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm

dinibhudia wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm
Can I as a British born claim universal credit as I have a 8month old and my previous work have cut hours due to pandemic, I was his sponsor. However when reapply he meets his own financial requirement, I only sponsored as it was easier to gather documents being employed, he is self employed.
The British citizen can claim UC if they are entitled to it.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.