ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:39 am

Hello everyone
my story : came on a 6 months visa in 2003 and overstayed
i applied for flr fp parent route back in 2014 and was granted 30 months stay on the 10 years parent route,
in 2017, I met the requirement to switch to 5 year parent route , so i switched and got granted 30 months under the 5 year parent route, i recently went for my last extension on the 5 year route, via super priority service, i presented every necessary document required i got granted same day within 2 hours of submitting my biometric.
i just received my biometric card and a letter today saying i have been granted 30 months stay on the 10 year route and i have to wait 120 months to apply for settlement .
there was no explanation why i was put back on the 10 year route . just a standard letter saying i have been granted under the 10 year route.
is this normal ? i need help please.

iwolga
Member of Standing
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:34 am

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by iwolga » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Did you by any chance indicate in your application that you don't meet the requirements for spouse visa? Financial? English? Did you provide required supporting docs for yourself and your sponsor?

If you received a decision letter from HO, it is useful to share it here (without personal details).

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:04 pm

iwolga wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 pm
Did you by any chance indicate in your application that you don't meet the requirements for spouse visa? Financial? English? Did you provide required supporting docs for yourself and your sponsor?

If you received a decision letter from HO, it is useful to share it here (without personal details).
Hi this wasnt a spouse visa , it was my 2nd extension on the 5 year parent route, i provided the same documents i used for my previous application , B1 english test , bank statements indicating contribution to my daughter every week, my daughters passport and birth certificate , her mothers passport, letters from her school and Gp. my payslips etc.

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Why lie wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:04 pm
iwolga wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 pm
Did you by any chance indicate in your application that you don't meet the requirements for spouse visa? Financial? English? Did you provide required supporting docs for yourself and your sponsor?

If you received a decision letter from HO, it is useful to share it here (without personal details).
Hi this wasnt a spouse visa , it was my 2nd extension on the 5 year parent route, i provided the same documents i used for my previous application , B1 english test , bank statements indicating contribution to my daughter every week, my daughters passport and birth certificate , her mothers passport, letters from her school and Gp. my payslips etc.
This was the reply from case worker :
On 02 February 2020 you submitted an application for limited live to remain on the basis of your family and private life in the uk, i am writing to inform you have been granted a period of 30 months limited live to remain on the ten year route under paragraph D-LTRPT.1.2. of Apendix FM of the immigration rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs R-LTRPT.1.1(a). (b) and (d) of these rules , you may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route.

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Can any forum moderator please comment on my post and would be much appreciated.

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 69688
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Did you tick any box in the form or state anywhere you are applying based on private life?

If you did, then you have been granted a visa that you applied for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:54 pm
Did you tick any box in the form or state anywhere you are applying based on private life?

If you did, then you have been granted a visa that you applied for.
thanks for the reply but i didnt tick any thing like that, my application was based on family route

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28544
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 am

Request a reconsideration. Ask them why D-LTRPT.1.1. had failed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 am
Request a reconsideration. Ask them why D-LTRPT.1.1. had failed.
Thanks for the reply , do you know why they never indicated in the letter that D-LTRPT.1.1. had failed or never gave any reason why I was put back on the 10 year route ?
Thank you

Korekt
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Korekt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 pm

You should request the reconsideration as advised and ask the question.

In the meantime, what did you submit to satisfy E-LTRPT.4.1., the financial requirement, i.e. adequate maintenance, and accommodation?

Can see you've stated you submitted a B1 cert to meet the English language requirement.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Korekt wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 pm
You should request the reconsideration as advised and ask the question.

In the meantime, what did you submit to satisfy E-LTRPT.4.1., the financial requirement, i.e. adequate maintenance, and accommodation?

Can see you've stated you submitted a B1 cert to meet the English language requirement.
hi there , i submitted payslips covering a period of 2 years , bank statements indicating contributions towards my daughter every week and tenancy agreement

Korekt
Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 am
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Korekt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Quite a long period. Is this self-employment income?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Thanks everyone ,
i sent an email to the case worker and she acknowledge she made a mistake . Just got a letter to today in the post , i have been put back on the 5 year parent route.
My next extension will be ILR.

tobtob
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:09 am
Nigeria

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by tobtob » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Why lie wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Thanks everyone ,
i sent an email to the case worker and she acknowledge she made a mistake . Just got a letter to today in the post , i have been put back on the 5 year parent route.
My next extension will be ILR.
do you mind sharing the criteria to switch from a 10 years to 5 years route as a parent of a British child please ...i am in a similar position. thanks

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28544
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:03 am

Why lie wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Thanks everyone ,
i sent an email to the case worker and she acknowledge she made a mistake . Just got a letter to today in the post , i have been put back on the 5 year parent route.
My next extension will be ILR.
Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 28544
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 am

tobtob wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 pm
Why lie wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Thanks everyone ,
i sent an email to the case worker and she acknowledge she made a mistake . Just got a letter to today in the post , i have been put back on the 5 year parent route.
My next extension will be ILR.
do you mind sharing the criteria to switch from a 10 years to 5 years route as a parent of a British child please ...i am in a similar position. thanks
See also D-LTRPT.1.1. and explanations of similar requirements for entry clearance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Why lie
Junior Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Re: Granted 10 year parent route again on my last extension to settlement

Post by Why lie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:03 am
Why lie wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Thanks everyone ,
i sent an email to the case worker and she acknowledge she made a mistake . Just got a letter to today in the post , i have been put back on the 5 year parent route.
My next extension will be ILR.
Congratulations!
Thank you :D

Post Reply
cron