ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help about EEA2 form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

antoniolgj
Newly Registered

help about EEA2 form

Post by antoniolgj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Hi,

I'm Brazilian citizen and my wife and children are from Finland. we have been living in Finland for 5 years and now we're planning to go abroad.

I've been asking some questions about immigration in Ireland but reading the UK EEA2 family permit form something just took my attention.

At the section 4 it says your EEA family member employment, but the line 4.5 says Position offered to, or held by, your EEA or Swiss family member (or you). So at the moment we live in Finland and I'm a senior engineer working for Nokia, so if I get a job offer in UK could I reallocate with my family without my wife have to be working?

Any advice or comment would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio Garcia

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:52 pm

Form EEA2? You are missing out a stage. The form would be used to extend permission in the UK, after you have first got an EEA Family Permit issued to you in Finland, using form VAF1 to apply for that.

In order for you to exercise EU Treaty Rights in the UK, as a family member of an EU citizen, your wife would need to be exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. But there are a number of ways of doing that, and being employed is just one of them. Other possibilities include her being a student, or being a Self-Sufficient Person.

So assuming you do get a job offer in the UK, what exactly would your wife be doing?
John

antoniolgj
Newly Registered

Post by antoniolgj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Hi john,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry about my confusion about the forms. Anyway for the next year she would be taking care of our daughter with is six months old now. After that we don't know. Since our first soon born we stop working and spend the time with him, my salary has always been enough to support us well.

I have a permanent resident permit in Finland, so her work situation was never a issue for us, but it looks like to go to UK this may change.

Thanks again for your help.

Antonio

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:22 pm

Have a read of this document and in particular the section about a Self-Sufficient Person.

So take out some sickness insurance and your wife would seem to qualify!
John