ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help and information needed for bringing my wife here in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

linearkieran

help and information needed for bringing my wife here in UK

Post by linearkieran » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi,
I m an indian passport holder and on HSMP visa in London now. Got married 3 months back in India and want to bring my wife here.
I wonder whats the best category to bring her here so that she can join me and work. Can she work if i bring her as my spouse? If spouse visa is the best category then which APPLICATION FORM should be filled and what all DOCUMENTS do we need to provide with the application. I have my marriage certificate, bank statements and salary slips ready with me. Is tenancy agreement mandatory?
Thanks,
kiran

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:47 pm

I wonder whats the best category to bring her here so that she can join me and work.
I don't think there is any choice here. You still have a lime-limited visa (and not (yet) ILR) ... in which case your wife will need to apply for a dependant's visa .... using application form VAF1. With that dependant's visa your wife will be able to work.

There are ample posts on this board about that application process and the supporting evidence to be supplied.
John

linearkieran

Post by linearkieran » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:42 am

Thanks John,

Ok so that s Dependent visa. Right. I have been going through the posts. What I have found from the posts is the following list;
1. Marriage Certificate (the most important thing of course.)
2. Proofs like photos etc. Now My wife has got a new passport with her name after marriage. So I dont think that will leave any space for doubts about the marriage.
3. Tenancy agreement (IS THAT MANDATORY????).Because till now I was sharing my room. And after coming from India we are going to stay somewhere else. I can get tenancy agreement for that. But the address wont match with my bank statements which I am going to show.
4. Bank Statements.
5. Pay slips. Some people have mentioned about P60. Is that necessary to show P60s. My payslips show the gross amount, tax and National Insurance.
6. Employment letter.
7. In some posts people have mentioned about calling cards, phone bills, cards, letters etc. I can show phone bills.

This is what I could sum up after going through the posts. Could you please let me know if I missed a point somewhere??

Thanks very much.

Hope this post will prove useful to all the people looking for similar information.

Cheers.

linearkieran

Document list

Post by linearkieran » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:37 pm

Did I miss anything in my previous post where I listed all the required documents for dependent visa application?

Thanks,
Kiran