ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help In Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmc

Help In Spouse Visa

Post by mmc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:00 pm

Hello experts,
We recently got married; details below

Wife status, Tier 4 Gen visa till June 2013.

Her visa runs out on the 5th of June, and she has got the final paper on the 06/06/2013, ACCA!

Can she overstay for a day in order to take her exam and fly back on the same day ? She will be applying for Tier 1 Gen dep visa from her country. Would that make any issue if she overstay for a day?

your help will be appreciated.

Regards
MMC

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:41 pm

No.. but it may affect a 10 year ILR application in the future.

mmc

Post by mmc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. She will applying for Tier 1 Gen dep visa.

Regards
MMC

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Why not get her to ask to change her exam dates?

Just a point you might want to bear in mind for future posts the application is not a spouse application but a dependent one
pennyless

mmc

Post by mmc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks pennylessinindia,
Exam date is scheduled by ACCA exam body! The next date will be in Dec 2013.

What is the grace period after leave expires ? i.e for how long can Tier 4 overstay with a valid reason?

Many thanks

Regards
MMC

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 am

[quo
If she leaves the country within 28 days of the visa expiry date then there should not be a problem and she could mention her circumstances for being overstayer in a covering letter to submit along with any future applications.

Regards[/quote]
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

mmc

Post by mmc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:45 am

Many thanks Graceofgod,

Certainly she will leave the country after taking her exam and will fly back. Yes she will mention the overstay period with a valid reason and evidence. My concern was to make sure, we know the total grace period after expiry date. Also it would be a good idea to ask the UKBA via email and keep the response email from UKBA as an evidence in future applications.

Much appreciated your help guys! Bless you

Regards
MMC

mmc

Post by mmc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

Hello Experts,
I just called the UKBA and explained the situation, but they said, that she cannot overstay for a single day NO! except if there is an accident/serious illness etc... But not for exams or graduation ceremony. She should depart from the UK before her LTR expiry date. Which disappointed me! At least they should give someone a grace period! :(

Thanks for your help guys!

Regards
MMC