ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hourly pay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

When is best time to apply for spouse visa extension?

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:30 am

Read some stories about people applying early, wife's BRP runs out June 26 2023 so when is best to reapply? We can do it now, should we wait further?

I ask because she needs 5 years in UK before she applies for ILR right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: When is best time to apply for spouse visa extension?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:30 am
Read some stories about people applying early, wife's BRP runs out June 26 2023 so when is best to reapply? We can do it now, should we wait further?

The focus to get this is not when her BRP expires. More helpful to state her immigration history and the date she entered UK on spouse visa.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri May 05, 2023 11:49 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

The focus to get this is not when her BRP expires. More helpful to state her immigration history and the date she entered UK on spouse visa.
She entered UK on spouse visa September 2020.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Hourly pay

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm paid by the hour and get paid weekly, so will need to provide approximately 20 payslips to cover 6 months. My wife is due in two weeks so I'll be taking 2 weeks paternity leave, which I'm paid by the government and not my employer.

Will this be an issue when it comes to meeting the financial requirement, as I'll be getting paid 90% of my normal wage. In addition, should I get a letter from my employer stating this?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 06, 2023 2:07 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:49 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

She entered UK on spouse visa September 2020.
She is eligible to apply from March 2023 till the expiration date on BRP.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Hourly pay

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 06, 2023 2:32 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 pm
Hi all,

I'm paid by the hour and get paid weekly, so will need to provide approximately 20 payslips to cover 6 months. Yes you will provide the weekly slips that equate to 6months My wife is due in two weeks so I'll be taking 2 weeks paternity leave, which I'm paid by the government and not my employer.

Will this be an issue when it comes to meeting the financial requirement, No as I'll be getting paid 90% of my normal wage. In addition, should I get a letter from my employer stating this? Yes

Thank you

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue May 09, 2023 9:16 pm

Thank you all. We have been through this process once and it is very stressful, even more so the second time around. I had one more question, however:

The documents we have of living together are not evenly spaced; some are in both our names, some in each name individually - does anybody have any experience as to how strict they usually are with these documents if they're not evenly spaced? They do cover September 2020 to present day, with varying times between each documents - sometimes weeks, sometimes months.

We are basically waiting for my wife to give birth any day now and getting our baby's birth certificate before sending in her renewal application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 10, 2023 2:56 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:16 pm
Thank you all. We have been through this process once and it is very stressful, even more so the second time around. I had one more question, however:

The documents we have of living together are not evenly spaced; some are in both our names, some in each name individually - does anybody have any experience as to how strict they usually are with these documents if they're not evenly spaced? They do cover September 2020 to present day, with varying times between each documents - sometimes weeks, sometimes months.

We are basically waiting for my wife to give birth any day now and getting our baby's birth certificate before sending in her renewal application.
Provide what you have and as much as you can to meet the requirements.
Haven being through the process twice then you should not fret too much on this. Safe delivery 🙏.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:56 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:16 pm

Provide what you have and as much as you can to meet the requirements.
Haven being through the process twice then you should not fret too much on this. Safe delivery 🙏.
That is very reassuring, thank you very much. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome! :D

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 am

My wife's visa expires June 16 2023 and we were waiting for her to give birth before applying, which she did on May 28.

We can't get an appointment to register our daughter in order to get a birth certificate until June 17, any ideas on what to do?

Baby is British, and we hoped to provide the birth certificate to prove she was born in UK and won't need a separate visa/additional financial requirement.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 30, 2023 2:26 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 am
My wife's visa expires June 16 2023 and we were waiting for her to give birth before applying, which she did on May 28.

We can't get an appointment to register our daughter in order to get a birth certificate until June 17, any ideas on what to do? What has that got to do with your wife's visa extension?

Baby is British, and we hoped to provide the birth certificate to prove she was born in UK and won't need a separate visa/additional financial requirement. You don't need to worry about the baby. Concentrate on your spouse FLRM. The HO knows the child is British. It's like preaching to the choir!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue May 30, 2023 8:33 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:26 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

We can't get an appointment to register our daughter in order to get a birth certificate until June 17, any ideas on what to do? What has that got to do with your wife's visa extension?

Baby is British, and we hoped to provide the birth certificate to prove she was born in UK and won't need a separate visa/additional financial requirement. You don't need to worry about the baby. Concentrate on your spouse FLRM. The HO knows the child is British. It's like preaching to the choir!
Sorry, I thought we'd need to prove our daughter is British but apparently not - that's a weight off my mind.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:33 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:26 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

Sorry, I thought we'd need to prove our daughter is British No but apparently not - that's a weight off my mind.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:19 pm

Could someone please relieve our stress and check if we have missed any docs for FLRM.

Financial: Weekly payslips from Nov 2022 to present, bank statements from Nov 2022 to present, employer's letter

Accommodation: Tenancy agreement with both our names on, various documents in both our names and/or each person's name separately from September 2020 to the present.

Other: Marriage certificate, sponsor's UK passport, short cover letter

Have we missed anything? Thank you all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:54 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:19 pm
Could someone please relieve our stress and check if we have missed any docs for FLRM.

Financial: Weekly payslips from Nov 2022 to present, bank statements from Nov 2022 to present, employer's letter

Accommodation: Tenancy agreement with both our names on, various documents in both our names and/or each person's name separately from September 2020 to the present.

English Language requirement met how?

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:00 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:54 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

American passport

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:04 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:00 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

American passport
The above appears to be in order, can't glimpse anything missing.
Last edited by AmazonianX on Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:04 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

American passport
The above is in order, can't glimpse anything missing.
Many thanks, seemed like too few documents but a fresh pair of eyes was a big help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 pm

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:05 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

American passport
Many thanks, seemed like too few documents sometimes gets easier as you go along the HO immigration journey with no apparent complicated history or application but a fresh pair of eyes was a big help.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:01 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 pm
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:05 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
ChugaLuvMe wrote:

American passport
Many thanks, seemed like too few documents sometimes gets easier as you go along the HO immigration journey with no apparent complicated history or application but a fresh pair of eyes was a big help.
Yes, very easy. I was an employee myself with UKVI two years and I was part of a bad team that looked for any reason why they could refuse an applicant before the team was crucified for making ridiculous decisions. Thankfully most of them were second-guessed by HEOs.

I have rocky history with UKVI hence the questions! Have to make sure our application is as good as it can get. I don't have much experience with settlement as I was a different department (EUSS.. when it was a thing).

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 pm

My employer letter confirms everything needed by UKVI with the exception of a sentence confirming payslips are genuine. HR are based in another city and it was my manager who emailed them asking to confirm everything.

Any idea if this will cause issues? The payslips are paper copies and I have 30 of them. Everything else is as needed, as well as bank statements.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:26 am

ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 pm
My employer letter confirms everything needed by UKVI with the exception of a sentence confirming payslips are genuine. HR are based in another city and it was my manager who emailed them asking to confirm everything.

Any idea if this will cause issues? The payslips are paper copies stamped and or signed? and I have 30 of them. Everything else is as needed, as well as bank statements.
Should you still get the time to ask for the "payslips are genuine" to be included, do so; you know how pedantic most of your former colleagues can be :lol: .

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:11 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:26 am
ChugaLuvMe wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Any idea if this will cause issues? The payslips are paper copies stamped and or signed? and I have 30 of them. Everything else is as needed, as well as bank statements.
Should you still get the time to ask for the "payslips are genuine" to be included, do so; you know how pedantic most of your former colleagues can be :lol: .
Yep, I ended up getting it amended which they did surprisingly without fuss! That was my exact thinking too :lol:

We have lots of cohabitation documents but they are fairly sporadic and not evenly spaced, and some are in both our names and others in each name only. She came to live here in September 2020.

2020:
Oct: wife name
Nov: joint (council tax)
Dec: joint (water bill)

2021:
Jan: joint (water bill)
Apr: wife name
Jul: joint (council tax)
Aug: joint (water bill)
Sep: my name
Nov: joint (council tax demand)

2022:
Jan: my name + joint doc (council tax reminder)
Mar: wife name
Apr: my name + joint doc (council tax for the year)
Jul: joint doc (water bill)
Sep: joint doc (water bill)

2023:
Feb: joint doc (rental letter)
Apr: joint doc x2 (water bill and council tax)

As I said, they are a bit all over the place but we don't have enough docs in both our names (gas bill is N/A, so can't provide). Do you think this will be enough? I'm aware we're going overkill with the documents but each year is separate PDF file, so only 4 PDF files and easily browsable for the caseworker.

My wife is gonna look for odd bank statement in her name only for each year as we're lacking. And we're not providing a birth cert. for our daughter since we don't have one yet (born over a week ago), just a discharge letter from the hospital detailing parents/baby details.

Thanks! Apologies for the bombardment of questions all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:04 pm

Cohabitation documents are to cover the last 2years. From at least 3 sources, at intervals of 3-4months. Provide what you have as close as possible to meeting the requirements. You should be alright.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:09 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:04 pm
Cohabitation documents are to cover the last 2years. From at least 3 sources, at intervals of 3-4months. Provide what you have as close as possible to meeting the requirements. You should be alright.
Ok that's great, I think I have one final question before we can apply though...

I was going to use 13 Nov 2022 to 13 May 2023 payslips (paid weekly basis). Since then, I've received two more payslips - only one of these show on my recent bank statement. The pay from my job paid on June 02 isn't on my bank statement, as statements are generated end of the month.

Do I need to provide my latest payslip or can I continue to use payslip from 13 May 2023, since it's less than 28 days old?