ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

House Report / Not needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zulf27
Newly Registered
Ghana

House Report / Not needed

Post by Zulf27 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:36 pm

My husband and I are planning to apply for spouse visa soon. We both live in Ghana.

He owns a 3 bedroom house that has been occupied by his mom & dad plus brother rent free.

He recently spoke to them about moving back and they agreed to move out of the property when the time is due. My husband is the sole owner and pay the mortgage monthly.

If we put in the property as accommodation ( we’re a family of 4. We have 2 boys aged 5&2)

1. Do we need to do a house report cos it’s already occupied by 3 adults OR
2. We need a letter from the family stating they’ will move out.

Am worried the application can be refused because of this. Anyone in similar situations?

TIA

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: House Report / Not needed

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:15 pm

Financial report would be the least of your problems and I don't think it's required.

Have you read the spouse visa guidelines, how do you intend to meet the financial requirements?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:42 am

Zulf27 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:36 pm
My husband and I are planning to apply for spouse visa soon. We both live in Ghana.

He owns a 3 bedroom house that has been occupied by his mom & dad plus brother rent free.

He recently spoke to them about moving back and they agreed to move out of the property when the time is due. My husband is the sole owner and pay the mortgage monthly.

If we put in the property as accommodation ( we’re a family of 4. We have 2 boys aged 5&2)

Am worried the application can be refused because of this. Anyone in similar situations?

TIA
1.NO inspection reported is needed as you lived with people who are related to you.
2. No, you need a letter from your parents saying they are happy to accommodate you and your partner and the accommodation won't be overcrowded nor contravening pubic health.
3. 3 bedroom + living room should be able to accommodate 7.5 people but see measurement of the rooms

Accommodation See Page 19
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:53 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:42 am
Zulf27 wrote:

TIA
1.NO inspection reported is needed as you lived with people who are related to you. Not required. Moving into an empty house.
2. No, you need a letter from your parents saying they are happy to accommodate you and your partner and the accommodation won't be overcrowded nor contravening pubic health.OP doesn't need a letter from the parents. Her husband owns the house, so parents aren't doing them a favour. In fact they would be moving out.
3. 3 bedroom + living room should be able to accommodate 7.5 people but see measurement of the rooms

No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 am

Ticktack wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:53 am
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:42 am
Zulf27 wrote:

TIA
1.NO inspection reported is needed as you lived with people who are related to you. Not required. Moving into an empty house.
2. No, you need a letter from your parents saying they are happy to accommodate you and your partner and the accommodation won't be overcrowded nor contravening pubic health.OP doesn't need a letter from the parents. Her husband owns the house, so parents aren't doing them a favour. In fact they would be moving out.

I must have misread the OP comment. It is correct OP partner just need to show proof of ownership.

Thanks
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.