ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for Wife and Children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

forever5
Newly Registered

How to apply for Wife and Children

Post by forever5 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:28 am

Dear Forum Members ,
I would like to apply for my wife and children to come to UK .I would appreciate information or advise .
1-I am currently settled since Feb 2019 (10 years route ILR)
2-My wife and children left UK in Nov 2016 due to financial/personal reasons went to Pakistan.
3-My children now aged 2.5 years and 4.5 years were born in UK while I was on Tier 1 Gen status.
4- I want to apply for my wife and children to come back to UK so we live together as family again .

How can I apply

Do I need to apply for my children registration and apply for their passport( a process which will take 7-9 months as per time-frame for MN1 application and then passport application outside UK ) and apply for visa for only my wife
or

I should apply for spouse visa for wife and add children to application as dependents .

Or is there any other suggestion which is quicker and costs less

As It has been over 2 years already since I have been away from my wife and children I really want them to be with me as soon as possible however at the same time don't want to make wrong decision which is financial loss and makes things complicated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: How to apply for Wife and Children

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 am

Your children born outside UK & before you got settled status and that's why they have to follow the same visa path like your wife will have to use. I guess you have two children, therefore, you must have been earning at least £24800 and have sufficient accommodation to meet the visa requirement. All have to use (vaf4a + Appendix 2 forms each). Read below to get detailed information.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

forever5
Newly Registered

Post by forever5 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Thankyou for your advise .Perhaps I was not clear both my children were born in UK . My children were 2 years and 2 months old when they left .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm

forever5 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm
My children were 2 years and 2 months old when they left .
Still they couldn't eligible for MN1/Passport because they were born before you got ILR & they were outside too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm
forever5 wrote:
Still they couldn't eligible for MN1/Passport because they were born before you got ILR & they were outside too.
Why do you believe they are NOT eligible for MN1 Registration as British?? Of course they are, they have an entitlement to register as British regardless of where they are currently living!!

Please do not give out incorrect advice if you are not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:37 pm
seagul wrote:
forever5 wrote:
Why do you believe they are NOT eligible for MN1 Registration as British?? Of course they are, they have an entitlement to register as British regardless of where they are currently living!!

Probably you got either weak internet or still using your mobile phone. OP got his ILR after the children born who are outside the UK now and the kids need to follow the same route as less privileged parent like her mother. Plenty of other threads where you given incorrect advise about cohabitation documents even for those switching first time from other categories to spouse visa for the first time which in reality aren't required. Everyone is not perfect. Look my bottom signature if your mobile phone allow you to read that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:37 pm
seagul wrote:
forever5 wrote:

Probably you got either weak internet or still using your mobile phone. OP got his ILR after the children born who are outside the UK now and the kids need to follow the same route as less privileged parent like her mother. Plenty of other threads where you given incorrect advise about cohabitation documents even for those switching first time from other categories to spouse visa for the first time which in reality aren't required. Everyone is not perfect. Look my bottom signature if your mobile phone allow you to read that.
Children born in the UK are entitled to register, whether they are living overseas or in the UK once either parent is granted ILR. The entitlement does not disappear because they are out of the UK. Many apply for MN1 for children when they are abroad and have success.

If you don't have actual experience (as your signature states) of MN1 for UK born children who live abroad, then best you don't give advice about it.

p.s. my internet on my laptop is just fine thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 pm

seagul wrote:
OP got his ILR after the children born who are outside the UK now and the kids need to follow the same route as less privileged parent like her mother.
Seagul, CR001 is correct. Provided the child is born in the UK, s/he is entitled to register as a British citizen
a) when at least one of the parents becomes settled in the UK, and
b) when the application to register is made before the child's 18th birthday.

The child does not lose their entitlement if they now reside abroad.

However, as I understand it, there is no present mechanisim for the child (or parents) to exercise their entitlement if they reside abroad. Obie explored the same question in a thread in February this year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:27 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 pm
seagul wrote:
OP got his ILR after the children born who are outside the UK now and the kids need to follow the same route as less privileged parent like her mother.
Seagul, CR001 is correct. Provided the child is born in the UK, s/he is entitled to register as a British citizen
a) when at least one of the parents becomes settled in the UK, and
b) when the application to register is made before the child's 18th birthday.

The child does not lose their entitlement if they now reside abroad.

However, as I understand it, there is no present mechanisim for the child (or parents) to exercise their entitlement if they reside abroad. Obie explored the same question in a thread in February this year.
Thanks for putting further light. Only for that single post, CR001/CASA put me on thin ice which they shouldn't do as because I never thought to contest/compete them rather try to coordinate with them which also isn't an inappropriate act.