Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

I need advice on spouse visa please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Lema Issas
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm

I need advice on spouse visa please.

Post by Lema Issas » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:16 pm


I'm married to a UK citizen my two kids are UK citizens also. We moved to the UK a year ago and I have the "leave to enter" document.
What could I do to get a permanent residence in case I'm separating from my husband?
I don't know what to do so I don't get separated from my kids.

Thank you very much.

User avatar
Posts: 69662
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: I need advice on spouse visa please.

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:19 pm

You can get permanent residence if you are not in a subsiding relationship. Pr or Indefinite leave to remain takes 5 years, 2 X 2.5 year visas. There is no shortcut.

If you have British children,you can apply for FLR FP Parent route once separated. This resets your clock for indefinite leave to remain to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply