ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pieman

IELTS requirement

Post by Pieman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 am

Hi,

Is IELTS required for someone who entered UK when under 18 years (on a family dependant visa) and now that person is 18+ years of age? Is IELTS mandatory for this person?

vinny

Re: IELTS requirement

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:57 am

If applying for ILR, then yes, unless exempted.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:40 am

Pieman wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:06 am
Hi,

Is IELTS required for someone who entered UK when under 18 years (on a family dependant visa) and now that person is 18+ years of age? Is IELTS mandatory for this person?
Not IELTS but rather English test. What is the person applying for now? Though whichever one it is this will be needed.

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:35 pm

Many thanks lovely people for your prompt response.

This is not for ILR.

This is the first extension of family visa, after 2.5 years of entering this country.

If not IELTS, then which English test is required?

And will the results be valid for life time?

Can anyone please let me know about the English test required for this route, the results of which has the maximum life span.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:48 am

Pieman wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:35 pm

This is not for ILR.

This is the first extension of family visa, after 2.5 years of entering this country.

Can anyone please let me know about the English test required for this route, the results of which has the maximum life span.
There are numerous exam providers as per the HO list. IELTS is only one of them. See list below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... the_UK.ods

Tests certificates are valid for 2 years however if they meet HO requirements can be used years down the line even after lapse of 2 years.
If possible, applicant should try at level B2.

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

The link is very helpful indeed.

Can you please elaborate 'if they meet HO requirements'. What are these HO requirements that will enable the Test Certificates to be used years down the line, even after the lapse of 2 years.

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

Can you please elaborate 'if they meet HO requirements'. What are these HO requirements that will enable the Test Certificates to be used years down the line, even after the lapse of 2 years.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:29 am

Pieman wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm
Thanks AmazonianX.

The test must have being used for a previously successful application and provider still on HO's list of approved tests when you want to reuse it.
The B1 will save you time and cost down the line as an be used till getting British Citizenship .

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:31 am

Pieman wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:35 pm

This is not for ILR.

vinny wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:57 am
If applying for ILR, then yes, unless exempted.
Sorry. For clarity and completeness, I should have added:
Else, none required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Pieman

Accommodation requirement

Post by Pieman » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:53 am

Thanks lovely people for your invaluable information.

May I know how important is the Tenancy Agreement in this entire cycle?

The reason I am asking is that my current accommodation is habitable for 4 persons (as per the accommodation guidelines of HO).

But in my Tenancy Agreement it is mentioned in bold letters that 'Maximum number of permitted occupiers-3'.

And still 4 of us (husband, wife and two children over the age of 15) have been living here since last 2 years.

Is this allowed by HO? If not, then how shall I overcome it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:52 am

If they request the Tenancy agreement, then it’s important.

If the accommodation is not overcrowded, then ask the owners/landlords/agents to amend the Tenancy agreement?
The terms of the tenancy must be fair and comply with the law
Else, look for adequate accommodation?

Pieman

Tenancy Agreement

Post by Pieman » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:48 pm

Thanks Vinny for your time to answer this query.

Going forward, I can try to set things right by getting an updated agreement at the time of tenancy renewal.

But I am more concerned about the last 2 years, when all 4 of us were living together whereas the agreement clearly mentioned 'Maximum 3 allowed'.

Can you please suggest how do I overcome this hurdle?

Thanks once again for your time.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:15 am

If the agreement is updated, then the “Maximum 3 allowed” was probably too restrictive under the law. I don’t think there’s any requirement to send previous agreements. Just send them a copy of the amended agreement?

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:57 pm

Thanks Vinny. Much appreciated.

The 'Tenancy Agreement' will have all the relevant clauses about letting the family stay at this premises.

It will also have the signature of the Landlord.

It will also have the signature of the Estate Agent. This is a reputed Estate Agent and is into the business since many years with a physical presence on high street.

Having such a strong document, do I still need to provide Landlord's 'No Objection Letter' or can I skip submitting it?

Thanks and regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 am

If a tenancy agreement includes:
the names of all people involved
then a ‘No Objection Letter’ is redundant?

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:44 pm

Many thanks Vinny.

The Tenancy Agreement does not have the name of my second child who is at present 'under 16 years' but will be 16+ years at the time of application.

Please advise if the 'No Objection Letter' is still needed?

Thanks and regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:22 am

I don’t think that a 'No Objection Letter' is mandatory. But it may be useful.

If they doubt the accommodation’s adequacy, then I suspect they may enquire further.

Pieman

Name of Application Form required.

Post by Pieman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:54 am

Bless you Vinny!

When my family came to the UK, I was on ILR. A year after my family joining me, I applied and became a British Citizen.

May I know which application form do I have to fill for their first extension?

Thanks and regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:43 am

Apply as a partner or spouse.

Partner/spouse requires at least A2 English language.

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:49 pm

Many thanks Vinny for your time and patience.

Please let me know if my understanding to the following is correct:

1- The link that you have provided opens a form, that is also known as FLR(M)?

2- My spouse had provided NARIC comparison certificate for her English requirement at the time of entering the UK. That same certificate can be used till her ILR/ citizenship?

3- My child who entered the UK when he was under 18 and now he is 20+ does not need to appear for English Test, for his visa renewals. He will only need English test for his ILR?

Kindest regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:15 am

1. Yes

2. Yes. Subject to 31
(c) if the qualification was awarded by an educational establishment outside the UK, a document from Ecctis which confirms that the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK and was taught or researched in English to level A1 or A2 (as the case may be) of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages or above.
3. Yes.

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:38 am

Many many thanks Vinny.

Now the picture is much more clearer. :)

Pieman

Letter from Employer

Post by Pieman » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:18 pm

Hello,

As a proof of employment (for financial requirement), I can provide two years of P60 from the same employer.

I can also provide all the payslips from the same employer.

My bankstatements has all the entries of these salaries coming in every month.

I can also provide my appointment letter from the same employer.

After providing all these documents, is it still mandatory to provide a 'Letter from Employer'? OR can I skip submitting this letter?

Kindest regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:13 am

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
….
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
  • (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
  • (ii) the length of their employment;
  • (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
  • (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

Pieman

Post by Pieman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Many thanks Vinny for your valuable advice.

My landlord has refused to change the agreement. The tenancy agreement still mentions 'Maximum number of permitted occupiers-3'.

But the property is deemed to be suitable for a family of 4 members, as per the property inspection report.

Can my family of 4 still apply using the unchanged tenancy agreement, on the grounds that the tenancy agreement is 'too restrictive' under the law.

Please advise.

Kindest regards.