ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal immigrant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pinky22

Illegal immigrant

Post by pinky22 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 pm

I came into the UK illegally and I do not appreciate what life is living in the country illegally. However, I was once caught driving without valid driving-license and insurance, but I gave a false name and D.O.B @ the police station with my finger-prints so I was let go.

The problem is that I have decided to do it the right way and I quite understand that most of the departments in the country are kind of networked and I would not want this to create problem for me as I am about to go back to my country and marry my wife who is a british citizen. We also have a child together and we are all going back to my country to do things the right way.

What is your advice please?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Since you were caught breaking the law and then further complicated the issue by giving false information to the police, you are now in big trouble as your fingerprints are on the UK database and when you apply for a visa in your country your fingerprints will be taken and the immigration computer will see a different name on the database.
Your visa will then be refused

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:19 pm

mochyn wrote:Since you were caught breaking the law and then further complicated the issue by giving false information to the police, you are now in big trouble as your fingerprints are on the UK database and when you apply for a visa in your country your fingerprints will be taken and the immigration computer will see a different name on the database.
Thank you for your response and as you can see, you haven't given a helpful advice for which I put up the matter. I would appreciate if you can do some research and be helpful ok... thnx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:29 pm

pinky22 wrote:
mochyn wrote:Since you were caught breaking the law and then further complicated the issue by giving false information to the police, you are now in big trouble as your fingerprints are on the UK database and when you apply for a visa in your country your fingerprints will be taken and the immigration computer will see a different name on the database.
Thank you for your response and as you can see, you haven't given a helpful advice for which I put up the matter. I would appreciate if you can do some research and be helpful ok... thnx
Go home and apply under the correct channels. That's the only way.

U will be refused and banned for a period of time 1-10 years but u live by the sword, u die by the sword, I'm afraid.

So you will have to sweat it out at home till the ban expires.

Normally just being an overstayer is excusable under immigration law if settling as a spouse, but u royally faced it up by not only being stupid by driving not able to drive and being uninsured (please stay away from my area, I don't want my kids killing) but lying about it too, lying = deception = ban. I have seen what inexperienced drivers do believe me and it's haunts me even now.

Maybe think about u and ur wife and child living in ur home country?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
pinky22 wrote:
Go home and apply under the correct channels. That's the only way.

U will be refused and banned for a period of time 1-10 years but u live by the sword, u die by the sword, I'm afraid.

So you will have to sweat it out at home till the ban expires.

Normally just being an overstayer is excusable under immigration law if settling as a spouse, but u royally faced it up by not only being stupid by driving not able to drive and being uninsured (please stay away from my area, I don't want my kids killing) but lying about it too, lying = deception = ban. I have seen what inexperienced drivers do believe me and it's haunts me even now.

Maybe think about u and ur wife and child living in ur home country?
Thank you all for your tongue-lashings and love but I must let y'all understand that I really need advice and you haven't come up with one, maybe y'all don't have answers or probably there's limit to what you know. I still welcome sensible and helpful advice bearing in mind that I still intend to put things right if not for me but for the sake of my family.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:37 pm

pinky22 wrote:I still welcome sensible and helpful advice bearing in mind that I still intend to put things right if not for me but for the sake of my family.
U've had it. Go home. Apply there and wait after ur ban expires. Or live in ur home country with ur family.

Or do u really expect to be able to switch in-country and be forgiven?

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:16 pm

pinky22

The best way is to go back to your country of origin, get married and apply for a spouse visa, you may recieve a ban, you may not, i have known that they have granted spouse visas to individuals in similar situations as you have faced.

The act that you did may have been foolish, although now you have your family to think of, and I feel that you should tell the truth on your application, as the will dig deep when looking at your application and will probably find out that the finger prints and the personal details do not tally etc.

Theres no life here when you are illegal, looking over your shoulder, constantly worried, cant work properly, its not a lif you want your partner and child to get used to is it?

The only thing i can say to you is go home and start from there, if you are unfortunate to incur the ban, then you can deal with that as it happens.

Hope this helps, keep us posted!
???REUNITED???

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

prettypolitical wrote:pinky22

The best way is to go back to your country of origin, get married and apply for a spouse visa, you may recieve a ban, you may not, i have known that they have granted spouse visas to individuals in similar situations as you have faced.

The act that you did may have been foolish, although now you have your family to think of, and I feel that you should tell the truth on your application, as the will dig deep when looking at your application and will probably find out that the finger prints and the personal details do not tally etc.

Theres no life here when you are illegal, looking over your shoulder, constantly worried, cant work properly, its not a lif you want your partner and child to get used to is it?

The only thing i can say to you is go home and start from there, if you are unfortunate to incur the ban, then you can deal with that as it happens.

Hope this helps, keep us posted!
Thnx alot I will sure keep u posted

rinav

Post by rinav » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

I think you need to need to get advice and help from a Professional Advisor. Prettypolitical is correct in what she says.

akhan19
Newly Registered

advice

Post by akhan19 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:32 pm

im sorry pinky but i dont think any one can tell you what you would like to hear, it is not going to be easy for you

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/policing ... 335103.htm

if you visit the above link, you will find that records are held on the database indefinitely, meaning, when your fingerprints are taken back home, they will be flagged up

it is a risk, going back home because the chances of you getting a legitimate visa are very slim,

i wish you the best of luck whatever option you take, i would hate to be in a position you are in

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm

In one respect you have been lucky in that when you were caught by the police they did not contact the immigration department and have you deported as is now normal proceedure when catching law breakers.
It may be that it was a long time ago as you would not get away with it now

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Hello

I have been fingerprinted with another name (So you are not alone to have been fingerprinted with a different name) .

I won t judge you the others have already done that and you come here because you are looking for some advices.

From my little experience I advise you to take an immigration sollicitor and because you have a family life in the uk you can apply under aticle 8 of the european convention on human rights.

Hope you will do the rigth thing

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:02 am

bbbb wrote:Hello

I have been fingerprinted with another name (So you are not alone to have been fingerprinted with a different name) .

I won t judge you the others have already done that and you come here because you are looking for some advices.

From my little experience I advise you to take an immigration sollicitor and because you have a family life in the uk you can apply under aticle 8 of the european convention on human rights.

Hope you will do the rigth thing
Interesting, may I know how you handled your case as I have come to understand that there are many out there with similar issues? lest i forget, thanks for your advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:02 am

bbbb wrote:From my little experience I advise you to take an immigration sollicitor and because you have a family life in the uk you can apply under aticle 8 of the european convention on human rights.
....which can be enjoyed in the OP's home country....

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 am

Article 8 of the Human rights act will be interpreted by the Home Office as your family have the right to live with you in your country.
It is a two edged sword

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 am

mochyn wrote:Article 8 of the Human rights act will be interpreted by the Home Office as your family have the right to live with you in your country.
It is a two edged sword
Truly, there's limit to what some people know as knowledge is progressive. Anymore advice MOCHYN?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:16 am

pinky22 wrote:
mochyn wrote:Article 8 of the Human rights act will be interpreted by the Home Office as your family have the right to live with you in your country.
It is a two edged sword
Truly, there's limit to what some people know as knowledge is progressive. Anymore advice MOCHYN?
I'm pretty sure Mochyn is Welsh for 'pig' but Mochyn is correct, pig ot not!

Oink!

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am

hello

mochyn is rigth but if u can show that your fiance is settled here. it may work .

In my case we are recently married (but We are togerther for years).
we are waiting...

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm

It seems to me the guy wants to evade his responsibilty for his actions and is looking for help to avoid the repercussions of his stupidity.
He is looking for loopholes in the immigration system and wants to escape the consequences of his actions.
The message which he obviously does not want to hear judging by his puerile comments is ''if you can't do the time , don't do the crime''
We have enough home grown criminals without importing more.
If he truly wants to better his families life then he should go back to his country and apply.If he faces a ban for his actions then he sits it out as Wanderer has already stated.
I hope he has learnt his lesson and if he is still driving he has a licence and insurance and if not if caught again he may be fingerprinted by the police at the roadside and all talk will be academic as he will be removed from the UK

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:08 pm

You may not like the advice that Mochyn has given you as it wasn't what you were hoping to hear....but unfortunately he has given you correct advice. You may well be banned under regulation 320(11) due to the false identity which will be on record. 1 to 10 years. Seek advice from an OISC registered Immigration Advisor and hope that you get lucky.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Casa wrote:You may not like the advice that Mochyn has given you as it wasn't what you were hoping to hear....but unfortunately he has given you correct advice. You may well be banned under regulation 320(11) due to the false identity which will be on record. 1 to 10 years. Seek advice from an OISC registered Immigration Advisor and hope that you get lucky.
Doesn't that relate to ENTERING with false papers etc?

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm

The biggest problem that you have got is the deception part of it, the proof that i got to prove i was settled in the uk for my husbands visa was letters from the kids schools and my workplace etc.....something for you to think of....my husband was here illegally for a number of years etc etc.......and maybe we could have settled there but we went on the human rights aspect.

Immigration advisory service will help you free of charge if after assessment they they think they can help you and your family.

Yeah he committed a crime...everyone deserves the right to a second chance!!!....i am sure we have all done things we have regretted or not realised the consequences,....well i know i have!!!!!!
???REUNITED???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 pm

A refusal under 320(11) might possibly be likely, especially where the safety of the general public is concerned.

I will try not to throw any judgement on you, as there are no humans on this planet who can honestly say they have never made a mistake one way or the other.

Perhaps, in the interest of your children, you and your British spouse should consider relocating to another EU memberstate and after a period of time you can relocate to the UK, provided she exercise a genuine and effective economic activity, ie as worker or Self Employed person.

That way, you will be able to probably be a part of your children's life in a Western society, and provide for them better.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Obie wrote:A refusal under 320(11) might possibly be likely, especially where the safety of the general public is concerned.

I will try not to throw any judgement on you, as there are no humans on this planet who can honestly say they have never made a mistake one way or the other.

Perhaps, in the interest of your children, you and your British spouse should consider relocating to another EU memberstate and after a period of time you can relocate to the UK, provided she exercise a genuine and effective economic activity, ie as worker or Self Employed person.

That way, you will be able to probably be a part of your children's life in a Western society, and provide for them better.
Why assume the OP is not from a Western Society himself?

pinky22

Post by pinky22 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:40 am

Wanderer wrote:
Obie wrote:A refusal under 320(11) might possibly be likely, especially where the safety of the general public is concerned.

Why assume the OP is not from a Western Society himself?
I need you(wanderer) to interpret paragraph 320(7B & 7C) for me only if you understand them? I think the subject is getting clearer by the day.