ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent Girl Friend fastest route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

ILR dependent Girl Friend fastest route

Post by Rsharma » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Can some one please suggest best and fastest route to bring my girl friend from india. I have ILR and working in UK and looking forward to marry her end of march. I am aware that visa processing time for ILR spouse can take very long time (3-6 months, correct me if i am wrong)
To avoid this waiting period
1. My GF can apply for independent tourist visa. Need to know processing time and complexity involved like going back to India for switching visa category or she can switch from UK when I apply for ILR spouse visa for her later
2. My GF can apply for standard visa where she can show me as friend and I can send invitation letter as a friend.Again processing time and complexity would be my question
3. My GF can apply for fiancee visa and I can send all required documents from my side.In this case, can some one explain what documents would be needed, processing time ,complexity involved I am aware that I have to marry her in UK with in 6 months and can go for that option.how much is the fees for fiancee visa and do I have to apply for spouse visa after marriage again and cost wise would it be more beneficial than first two options above?
These are the options I thought based on my own understanding.Any practical experience would be much appreciated here

vinny

Re: ILR dependent Girl Friend fastest route

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 am

Rsharma wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 pm
1. My GF can apply for independent tourist visa. Need to know processing time and complexity involved like going back to India for switching visa category or she can switch from UK when I apply for ILR spouse visa for her later
Visitors cannot switch to FLR(M) from within the UK.
Rsharma wrote:
2. My GF can apply for standard visa where she can show me as friend and I can send invitation letter as a friend.Again processing time and complexity would be my question
Proof of relationship required under V4.3.
Rsharma wrote:
3. My GF can apply for fiancee visa and I can send all required documents from my side.In this case, can some one explain what documents would be needed, processing time ,complexity involved I am aware that I have to marry her in UK with in 6 months and can go for that option. how much is the fees for fiancee visa and do I have to apply for spouse visa after marriage again and cost wise would it be more beneficial than first two options above?
A fiancé(e) visa costs the same as spouse visa. Don't get the wrong one. But may switch to FLR(M) directly after marriage.

Time to process - Who knows?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:28 am

I am not an expert but I want to know why dont you consider traveling to India and spend £500ish on ticket and get married over there and then apply spouse visa without any hassle

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:06 am

your getting married in a month, and hardly got time for other visa or wedding preparation.
Best option is start collect documents for spouse visa, and usually you get visa within month if you submite documents corectly. I got my wife visa just in 20 days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 am

How long have you been in a relationship and have you physically met each other (i.e. not an arranged marriage and only chatted over Skype for example)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rsharma » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 am

Its a case of arranged marraige only and i met her just once physically
We have chat and calls after that
Is processing time for spouse visa just 1 month?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

Rsharma wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 am
Its a case of arranged marraige only and i met her just once physically
We have chat and calls after that
Is processing time for spouse visa just 1 month?
You will need evidence of 'subsisting relationship' as vinny has pointed out in his link.

Processing times from India are currently taking in excess of 60 days, some members have waited more than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rsharma » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 pm

I have only following documents for “subsisting relationship'” at the moment
1)calls record
2)whats app history
3) emails
4) my Girl friend photo with mine and her own family
(In india we call it roka,means committed to this girl
But i was not physically present)
I know i am missing the following so can someone please mentions how important they are
1)photo together of me and my girl friend
2)i have air ticket copy and the most recent was December 25th 2017. Not sure if i need ticket at particular date to prove that the purpose of ticket was to see each other
3)no hand written card or photo gift so far but can do that now if it can make my case solid

please let me know if anything else i can add

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 am

Rsharma wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 pm
I have only following documents for “subsisting relationship'” at the moment
1)calls record
2)whats app history
3) emails
4) my Girl friend photo with mine and her own family
(In india we call it roka,means committed to this girl
But i was not physically present)
I know i am missing the following so can someone please mentions how important they are
1)photo together of me and my girl friend
2)i have air ticket copy and the most recent was December 25th 2017. Not sure if i need ticket at particular date to prove that the purpose of ticket was to see each other
3)no hand written card or photo gift so far but can do that now if it can make my case solid

please let me know if anything else i can add
In the absence of photographs of you together, an air ticket won't be accepted as proof that you were visiting your fiancee. The Entry Clearance Office will want to see proof that you have actually met.

Why aren't you marrying in India in the presence of your fiancee's family, which surely would be the tradition in an arranged marriage :?:

At the moment your application is appearing to be very weak.

Do you have evidence of a wedding being planned? Are you aware that you can only give notice with the Registrar once your fiance arrives in the UK. You are intending to marry in March, but the registration (waiting) period is 28 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rsharma » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm

The only reason I am not marrying her in India is because of long processing time for spouse visa and also total time it takes to get marriage certificate which is mandatory document for applying spouse visa.

Marraige date is not yet fixed so I can delay it
Can i know the fees and processing time of fiancee visa.My idea is that as it is for shorter duration(6 months) it means it would cost less and probably take just 4 weeks(compared to 8 weeks for spouse visa).I am not sure if I am right here or just imagining

Also I can potentially make a visit to meet her and this time we can have our photographs together with our families

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm

The only reason I am not marrying her in India is because of long processing time for spouse visa and also total time it takes to get marriage certificate which is mandatory document for applying spouse visa.
There is no difference in processing time for a fiance visa or a spouse visa. They are both the same visa category, i.e. the settlement visa route.
Can i know the fees and processing time of fiancee visa.My idea is that as it is for shorter duration(6 months) it means it would cost less and probably take just 4 weeks(compared to 8 weeks for spouse visa).I am not sure if I am right here or just imagining
They cost the same, currently £1,464. You are not right, the timelines would be the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:29 pm

If taking the fiance route you will also be required to pay a further £933 + £500 NHS surcharge when your wife applies for FLR(M) after the marriage takes place. It will be an extra £590 if applying for FLR(M) in person. Visa fees are likely to rise again in April 2018.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rsharma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:41 pm

For switching from
a) visitor visa to spouse visa
b) business visa to spouse visa
Does the applicant needs to come back to india for switching?if yes,can she apply and go back to uk on old category(visitor or business) while waiting for result of spouse visa application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Rsharma wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:41 pm
For switching from
a) visitor visa to spouse visa
b) business visa to spouse visa
Does the applicant needs to come back to india for switching?if yes,can she apply and go back to uk on old category(visitor or business) while waiting for result of spouse visa application?
a) You've already been advised in this thread that it's not permitted to switch from visitor to spouse from within the UK
b) What do you mean by 'business' visa :?:
c) She won't be able to return to the UK while her spouse visa is being processed as the Home Office will have her passport.
(Casa, not CR001)

Rsharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rsharma » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

By business visa,i mean visa issue by her company as she might get a chance from her company to visa uk for business purpose
I guess it would be standard business visa

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm

If entering on a business visitor visa your girlfriend still won't be able to marry in the UK while on this visa, or switch to any other category.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 11_Ext.pdf

Note: includes
They may not
intend to marry or form a civil partnership
intend to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership
(Casa, not CR001)