ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nurul Huda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

ILR Dependent.

Post by Nurul Huda » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Dear administrators,
My wife came to UK as a tier 2 PBS dependent visa in January 2016. After that I moved to tier 4 Visa Sep 2016. and she moved to tier 4 PBS dependent as well. Now I switched my visa to tier 2 general. Does she has to apply for tier2 dependent? Or she doesn’t need to switch tier 2 Dependent visa. My solicitor said, She doesn’t need to switch tier 2 dependent as she granted as PBS. I am really confused, please advise. Her visa is going to expired on 30/1/2021. I am going to apply for ILR on August 2019 under LR base. Does she need to apply for spouse visa after getting my ILR or she can apply for ILR once she will be 5 years in UK. Her 5 years would be in January 2021. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Nurul Huda

Casa

Re: ILR Dependent.

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:04 pm

If you are granted ILR under long residence, your wife will have to switch to a FLR(M) spouse visa. This will re-set her immigration clock to zero, putting her on a new 5 year (2.5 x 2.5) path to settlement (ILR).

This is unless she qualifies under long residence before reaching the 5 year period under FLR(M).

A2 level English is required for FLR(M) + the visa fee + the IHS surcharge of £1,000.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nurul Huda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: ILR Dependent.

Post by Nurul Huda » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks for your quick response. I switched to Tier 2 from tier 4. She was dependent of tier 4. But now i am in tier2 but her visa status is PBS dependent as a tier 4 dependent. Does she must apply for tier2 dependent or she can stay as it is.
Thanks