ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Parent to bring child to UK.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Emkerr79
Newly Registered
South Africa

ILR Parent to bring child to UK.

Post by Emkerr79 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:35 pm

I have obtained my ILR in the UK through 5 year spousal route. I am married in UK living with my wife and 2nd daughter (8years old) and it was always our plan to bring my other daughter over when the time was right and in the meantime I felt it would be good for her to continue her primary school where her mother would care for her until we had sorted out living arrangements for her here in the UK.

My daughter is 12 years old in South Africa, I have always paid family maintenance and has always been the final decision maker regarding school and medical arrangements but only managed to visit her once a year as much as finances allowed.

It is also my daughters wish to come live with her dad and her little sister, it has always been. She misses me daily.

As evidence, I can find WhatsApp messages with the mother discussing schools and medical situations. Messages direct to the school headmaster concerned in issues at school and bank statements etc.
Is there anything else I may have overlooked or anything that could make our case compelling.?

The mother of my child was evicted from her flat 2 years ago and been staying in temporary accommodation. The time has arisen for the mother to move, but with her financial situation she can only afford a 1 bed flat and is too far away from any schools.
Can evidence of this be of any good?

Thanks in advance

Emil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Parent to bring child to UK.

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:56 pm

We're you married to the mother of the child?

If so, what was the divorce agreement relating to the custody child?

Are you named on the child's birth certificate?

You would have to prove sole responsibility, see link below.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emkerr79
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Emkerr79 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:13 am

Thank you for the reply.
No we were never married, when we separated it was a mutual agreement between the mother and myself that my daughter would come live with me. The separation was not hostile and we are still friends.

I am on my daughters birth certificate as the father.

The mother and myself feel it will be in our daughters best interests to live with me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:40 am

You would still need to prove sole responsibility as the link indicates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.