Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
ritswaney wrote:I was granted ILR (based on Tier 1 PBS) in Jul 2012. However I could not include my wife as she had not completed the 2 year qualification period (she was in the UK before Jul 2012, so the new 5 year criteria did not apply). She had Tier 1 Dependant Visa valid until Jan 2013, which meant that she did not have to switch to FLR(M) and could straight away apply for ILR, as she would qualify for ILR within the validity of her Tier 1 Visa.
I went for a PEO appointment yesterday and supplied the following documents
- Cover Letter explaining that she was eligible to apply as per Sec 319(E)
- Application Form (SET (O))
- Marriage Certificate
- Letter from Council & Council Tax Bills for 2 yrs to prove cohabitation
- A letter from my Accountant (since I am a contractor with a Pvt Ltd Co) giving a breakdown of my income - Salary + Dividends
- Photocopies of my ILR BRP & Passport
They asked for my original passport and BRP too, so do carry that.
I had an appointment at 9.20, got there at 8.30, and the wife was granted ILR at 10.30 by a beaming case worker.
Applying during the Christmas season is cool because its a lot less busy and the atmosphere was more relaxed.
I hope this helps someone who is in a similar boat and needs some guidance.
Thanks a ton to Greenie and this thread by ilrdep http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=118670