ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssgk2019
Newly Registered

ILR from India

Post by ssgk2019 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 am

Hello All,

We need to apply ILR for our 5 year old son who is currently in India. He was born in India and we did not have ILR at that point of time. I was wondering if anyone knows what are the current processing times for ILR/Settlement visa from Mumbai, India. We were hoping to apply for Super Priority but that service is currently not available. His school starts here in September 2020 and we wanted to know the fastest way to bring him here to join us. I had a ILR on 5 year Tier 2 route.

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR from India

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 am

You cannot apply for ilr from outside the UK.

You have to apply for a child settlement visa. It can take a few week,likely a couple of months for a settlement visa. The child should be granted ILR (indefinite leave to enter) if both parents hold ilr.

Super priority is not relevant to outside the UK applications.

Has the child been in the UK before in a dependent visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssgk2019
Newly Registered

Post by ssgk2019 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks for your reply CR001. Unfortunately he has been to UK every year atleast 10 times so far but always on visitor visa, we did not apply for his dependent visa as we were hoping to bring him directly on ILR when the school starts. he lives with his grandparents at the moment. In the hindsight that feels like a stupid decision.

Both the parents have ILR and one parent has already applied for citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:33 am

Applications from India can take 60 -90 days, sometimes longer, even if you opt for priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssgk2019
Newly Registered

Post by ssgk2019 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:37 am

I just hope his application moves as fast as possible. Considering that there would not be any biometrics required as he is a 5 year old, I just hope things move faster.

Any recent applications for settlement visas from India? Giving an overview on timelines

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am

I just hope his application moves as fast as possible. Considering that there would not be any biometrics required as he is a 5 year old, I just hope things move faster.
He still has to attend VFS to enroll biometrics (digital photo). He is not exempt.
Any recent applications for settlement visas from India? Giving an overview on timelines
Please simply keep an eye on the India Settlement timeline topic.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 1-620.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssgk2019
Newly Registered

Post by ssgk2019 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 am

Finally we received the visa for my 5year old for settlement, both the parents have ILR.

Timeline:
Application type: Settlement to join parents
Application: 6th August 2020
Biometrics in Mumbai : 7th Aug 2020
Decision: 23rd Sep 2020
Passport collected: 24th Sep 2020

Thank you all for your help!