ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Bail without applying for it (Pending FLR FP Application)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ladyjune
Newly Registered

FLR FP Application. Please help me

Post by ladyjune » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi All,

Need some advice or comment please. I enter UK last October 2016 using EEA Family Permit Surinder Singh. My mother is naturalised British and my Step father is British. My sponsor that time is my Step-father who lived in Cyprus for more than 5 years where he and my mom met. It was our previous solicitor who suggested that it is best route for me to enter UK since I am 24 years old already. I applied for residence card here in the UK and got the Certificate of Application February 2017. This was refused July 2017. They said we did not provide enough evidence that I am direct family member of my step father and that I did not lived with them back in Cyprus. So our previous solicitor said we re apply for Derivative Card since my step father has illness and cannot work anymore he is 62. We got the Certificate of Application for the Derivative Card last October 2017 and got refused again 8th february 2018. We got new solicitor as we feel this new one is better than our previous one. I was advised that I can apply for FLR FP under private life basis. This time my sponsor will be my mom. We are putting application asap as I don't want to be an overstayer. So our new solicitor has asked for supporting documents like relationship proof, proof of property here in UK, bank statement of sponsor, payslip of sponsor, proof of employment of sponsor, p60 of sponsor evidence of step father illness, my letter of employment, and my p45(I havent received the new p45 as I have recently quit. I have rang my manager and she said it is coming from head office). Mostly of those are my sponsor documents. He did not ask for my Bank Statement, payslip, p60, and National Insurance. I was doing my research and it seem that people who applies for this provide theirs. Please can anyone advise me or comment on my case. Will I have a chance with FLR FP? What else should I provide? I would really be grateful.

Just to add I was employed full time when I got Certificate of Application for residency card and quit the job as soon as i have heard from my solicitor that this was refused. I got back to work after i got another Certificate of Application for Derivative Card but only for part time since I was looking after my step father. I quit the job again soon as I heard this was refused. Now I am unemployed and I am enrolled in college for part time course since November 2017 and finishes this coming 28th of february. I've been living in the UK with my parents for 1 year in 4 months now.

Sorry it is a bit long. I tried to explain my situation as best as I can. Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR FP Application. Please help me

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 pm

You have suffered from very poor advise from both lawyers, and the FLR(FP) will fail.

I believe you best chance was under the regulations on the basis of your mother under Surinder Singh or on your step father on the basis that you are the direct descendant of the spouse of an EEA national, it is strange you were issued a family permit and then you are being treated this way. However the FLR(FP) is very expensive and is likely to fail.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Thank you Obie for taking time reading my case. Yes, I guess i got lucky with getting that family permit. We have paid our new solicitor already with legal fees plus the Home Office and IHS fee. Is there something else I could do to get a chance in this FLR FP on the basis of private life? Or to be able to stay here in UK legally without having to leave UK?

With Surinder signh, it will be very expensive for us. My stepfather is on housing benefit where we stay and if we move to an EU country we might not have a house to go back. Plus with Brexit going on, by the time we have spent in EU country which is minimum of 3 months, they might change the law by then.

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 pm

I forgot to put about the fact that I only have grandmother in my home country where I can stay. My mother has 4 siblings which have their own family and live far away. The place where my grandmother is living is withing 8 kilometre danger zone of an active volcano which at present since january 2018 is erupting and is on alert level 4 that people are asked to evacuate. I have no other place to stay in my Home country.

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:30 am

ladyjune wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 pm
I forgot to put about the fact that I only have grandmother in my home country where I can stay. My mother has 4 siblings which have their own family and live far away. The place where my grandmother is living is withing 8 kilometre danger zone of an active volcano which at present since january 2018 is erupting and is on alert level 4 that people are asked to evacuate. I have no other place to stay in my Home country.

If it's not too much to ask, please any comment is highly appreciated. Thank you

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Immigration Bail without applying for it (Pending FLR FP Application)

Post by ladyjune » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi all,

I posted my application for FLR FP on 12 March 2018
Received acknowledgement and Biometric Letter 24 March 2018
Had my Biometric done on 28 March 2018
Received NOTIFICATION OF GRANT OF IMMIGRATION BAIL TO A PERSON DETAINED OR LIABLE TO BE DETAINED yesterday 16 June 2018

My application for FLR FP is still pending. I'm just scared why I received Immigration bail letter cos I never applied for it. Please if someone can explain to me.

The immigration bail letter says,

This notice is given to you because you are being granted immigration bail
The Secretary of Estate may grant immigration bail to a person who is detained or liable to be detained for the reason listed below. The following applies to you:

You are liable to be detained because there is reasonable suspicion that you may be liable to removal from the United Kingdom.

Conditions:
You are not allowed to work
You are not allowed to study

I am not working nor on studies so I am fine with the condition imposed. I'm just really worried why I received it. Please.

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: Immigration Bail without applying for it (Pending FLR FP Application)

Post by Amelia4784 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi ladyjune, tell us your immigration history in the uk ??

WIIL WAAL
Senegal

Post by WIIL WAAL » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:52 pm

You got nothing to worry about they have changed the rules on januray this year, everyone who dont have leave to raminin the UK they are autoumticly on immigaration bail since the temprary admision is not exsit anymore

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Thank you for your response. It's just scary the terms they use. I'm only 24 years old but with the stress of this Home Office I feel a lot lot more older. Thank you again

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Amelia4784,

I entered UK October 2016 through EEA Family Permit
Applied for Residence Card February 2017 and refused end of July 2017
Applied Derivative Residence Card September 2017 and refused February 2018
This was all suggested by our solicitor then I decided after refusal on february 2018 to hire a new solicitor because I am not happy with the service.

NEW Solicitor
Applied FLR (FP) under private life on March 12, 2018 (suggested by new solicitor)
Acknowledgement and Biometric received March 24, 2018
Biometric enrolled on post office March 28, 2018
WAITING FOR DECISION
then Immigration letter came June 16, 2018

My life is hanging at the moment. No work so no money. I live with my parents and they support me. Step father is British and Mum is Naturalised British.

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 am

Hi all,

The documents were returned execept my passport to me and the date on the letter is 30 May 2018. My Immigration bail letter was 13 June 2018.

Does anybody knows what happens next. Thank you

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:17 pm

My solicitor rang me after I forwarded the Immigration letter to him and said that I will be detained soon thats why I got the letter and that I need to pay £2000 to him so that I can get out when detained. Please if someone can comment. Would really mean a lot to me. Thank you

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 am

Your solicitor wants payment in advance for something which has not happened yet...doesn’t sound right to me
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:44 am

Hi equitydealer,

Thank you for your respose. I thought so as well.

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 am

HI everyone ,

today i received another letter which is Notification of Breach of Immigration Bail Condition. That I failed to comply with reporting condition which is I have to go every 1st and 3rd thursday of every month. The thing is I never have that condition on my immigration bail letter. My condition were not allowed to study or work. There were no reporting condition listed. I’m so scared what is going to happen what shall I do. Can I ring them explaining my case? Thank you

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 pm

You must go to report

Take both paperwork with you and explain to them that you didn't know when to come

It's okay. The same thing happened to a friend who was to asylum and got the same letter as you. One was without specific day to report.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

WIIL WAAL
Senegal

Post by WIIL WAAL » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Hey you got nothing to worry about, it happened to me that before, i have received a same letter, its warning just go to next reporting and tell them that you was confuse you will be Okay, and your lawyer seems like his taking advantage of you,you should get a good lawyer just advice thanks

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi Bathanza and Wiil Waal,

Thank you very much for your encouragement. Your words makes my heart calm down for a bit. I really appreciate for you to take time reading and writing those words. I will send notice to them as instructed in their letter the reason of my non compliance which is I was not notified of that condition so i had no clue that I need report. And I will make sure I will not miss any reporting days.
Also, what usually happens in reporting? Can I go there anytime of the day since there was no time instructed.

Again thank you. xx

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:02 pm

You are right Wiil waal I need to find new lawyer. It’s very hard to find and hard to trust when you just search and found them at google. We don’t know anyone that can help us or suggest us someone.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Which reporting office is it?

If it's becket house in London, they are open 9 til 3.30. Go on Thursday next week.

You go in. Stay in line til called.

Show paperwork

They may ask you stupid question's like do you work or have you got a driving licence. Do NOT use your mobile phone. They won't let you sign if you do.

Then that's it

Explain to them there about no time given or schedule. It's OK. If you have pending application you'll be okay x

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:01 am

No its not Becket House but thank you I will check the opening times of my centre. Next week thursday will be 4th thurs of the month. Shall I go there even tho my reporting days is every 1st and 3rd thursday of the month?

I agree what a stupid question how can I work no one would employ me cos I got no paperworks to show.

Thank you xx

hmdacc
Newly Registered

Post by hmdacc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 am

Hi,

Just wanted to check.

Did you go? and was there any issues for breaching bail conditions?

Thanks

ladyjune
Newly Registered

Post by ladyjune » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi hmdacc,

I rang them monday explaining why I did not attend and the lady said not to worry and reminded me that I need to report on august 2. She also said that she will send on post the letter with the complete condition.