ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income requirement problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kiwiabroad17
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Income requirement problem

Post by kiwiabroad17 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:14 am

I'm a New Zealander currently in the UK with my British Husband on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa which expires in January 2019. We initially thought it would be a relatively simple process to switch to a spousal visa ahead of this date, and we employed the services of XXXX to help us prepare our application.
Unfortunately, there is a problem with our income. We cannot rely on my husband's income because he has been working as a supply teacher and has not earned enough over the last financial year. We thought we would be able to rely on my income because I earned well over £18,600, however we've just found out that because that amount is split between a full-time role I no longer have, and self employed income, the two forms of income can't be combined. I worked on a full-time, permanent contract for a company from April 2017-January 2018, and then when we moved to a new city, continued to work for the same company on a self employed basis from January until now (October 2018). Because the tax year runs from April 2017-April 2018, my self employed income during that tax year doesn't meet the threshold because it's only three months worth of income.
Is there any other visa option that anyone is aware of that would not require me to leave the country in January? I've just been offered a great full-time job I would love to take, but probably can't because sponsorship wont be an option and my immigration advisors and accountant can't see any way of making the income requirement work. Unfortunately, we don't have £62,000 in savings either :shock: My husband is going to get a full time job immediately, so my current plan is to head to Europe from Jan-April, come back and visit my husband from April-May, and then leave again while a visa application is processed in based on his income once he has been working for six months. But, any ideas that would enable me to take the job I've just been offered and avoid leaving would be much appreciated.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Re: Income requirement problem

Post by jafferdeen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:46 pm

hi

I think you can go back home and use priority visa service .It might be quick way to come back to UK on a spouse visa once your husband does meet the income criteria

I found on Gov website
"We aim to make a decision on a settlement visa in 60 working days (excluding weekends and UK public holidays).
If you have opted for our Settlement Priority Visa service, your application will be put at the front of the queue and the decision expedited
"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ew-zealand

https://mycart.vfsglobal.co.uk/Shopping ... ation.aspx
J Khan

kiwiabroad17
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwiabroad17 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for the reply - would my husband need to be working for 6 months though before we would be able to apply? Or if we both went back to NZ together, could we apply fresh using priority service and expedite the process?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

kiwiabroad17 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 pm
Thanks for the reply - would my husband need to be working for 6 months though before we would be able to apply? Or if we both went back to NZ together, could we apply fresh using priority service and expedite the process?
If you leave the UK, only your husband's can count. He should be employed for at least 6 months, preferably as a PAYE employee.

kiwiabroad17
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwiabroad17 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:09 am

Yes that's what we thought. Thanks