ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview at BHC Islamabad for 2nd Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

worried_2
Newly Registered

Interview at BHC Islamabad for 2nd Spouse Visa

Post by worried_2 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:03 pm

Hi all,

My wife already had received a spouse visa in 2003 and came to the UK to live with me immediately. However due to naivety and misjudgement on our parts, we were late by 6 months in applying for her ILR. During her time in the UK we had our 1st child, he is now 2 1/2 yrs old. She is also pregnant with our 2nd child.

My wife left the UK voluntarily after ILR was refused as she wanted to go and see her parents and relatives anyway, and we submitted a fresh spouse visa application in October 2006. She recieved a phonecall on Saturday advising to collect the passport. We were very excited as we thought it had been given, however all her documents were returned and they have asked her to attend an interview in January.

Is it now common practice to routinely interview applicants before issuing a visa at Islamabad, as someone I know who works with immigrants says?..

Also there was no request for additional documents or anything, just a slip attached to the passport advising an interview date.

Does that mean the documents are in order and we dont need to submit anything else?

Also this may be a generic question thats been asked over and over but what kind of questions do you think my wife is likely to be asked, given the contexr of our particular case?.

I thank you in anticipation for any advice and help.

antontony

Post by antontony » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Hello,

What I understand from your description, your spouse failed to submit her ILR application in time, and it was refused.

She left the UK an deffectively her "immigration clock" was reset.

All she could now apply for was a fresh spouse visa.

I hope you submitted a VAF2 application, right ?

If that application is granted you wife will have to live in the UK again for 2 years in order to be eligible for ILR on the basis of a marriage to a UK citizez/settled person.