ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting sister

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Inviting sister

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi

I am non EEA national, with EU Settlement Scheme Settled Status/ Permanent Residence.

how can I invite my 20+ sister to come and live with me in UK ?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Inviting sister

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 pm

No you cannot. She will have to find a visa route that she qualifies for to live in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:27 pm

thanks.
Surfshark VPN

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 pm
No you cannot. She will have to find a visa route that she qualifies for to live in the UK.
Who is included in the close family member category?

This category includes family members of a European citizen (this can include former family members) or family members who have since become British while retaining their EU citizenship (it can also include former family members in some cases). This is the most straightforward category and includes the following family members:

1. A spouse or civil partner who was in this relationship before 31 December 2020

2. An unmarried partner (sometimes called a ‘durable partner’) who was in this relationship before 31 December 2020 and holds a document issued by the relevant authority confirming this relationship exists in EU law

3. A child, grandchild or great-grandchild under 21 years old of the European citizen, or the spouse or civil partner

4. A dependent child, grandchild or great-grandchild over the age of 21 of the European citizen, or the spouse or civil partner

5. A dependent parent, grandparent or great-grandparent of the European citizen, or the spouse or civil partner

6. A dependent relative of the European citizen, or the spouse or civil partner, and who also holds a document issued by the UK Home Office before 31 December 2020 confirming this relationship exists in EU law

#6 , if I can proof sister is my dependent, would she not be able to get EU family permit or EUSS family permit ?! As she would be classed under “ close family member category “ ?

Please advise

Thanks
Surfshark VPN

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:27 pm

You are not an EEA national. So you sister is not a relative (close or extended) of an EEA national.

The fact that yourself hold an EU Settlement Scheme status doesn't give you EU rights.

But even if at this moment you were an EU national, the story would have been the same: due to Brexit, you can't bring your sister unless she obtained an EEA card delivered by the UK before Dec 31, 2020.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:27 pm
You are not an EEA national. So you sister is not a relative (close or extended) of an EEA national.

The fact that yourself hold an EU Settlement Scheme status doesn't give you EU rights.

But even if at this moment you were an EU national, the story would have been the same: due to Brexit, you can't bring your sister unless she obtained an EEA card delivered by the UK before Dec 31, 2020.
ohhh. thanks for clarification
Surfshark VPN