ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landlord Letter Proof Of Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GJM2017
Newly Registered

Landlord Letter Proof Of Accommodation

Post by GJM2017 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Can someone please confirm this letter will suffice along with a tenancy agreement as proof of accommodation for a fiancee visa?

Also, the tenancy agreement is with a private landlord and comes along with a few spelling mistakes and not perfect legal language. Will this matter?

1st August 2017

Ref: Address

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, landlord, can confirm that I am the landlord / Owner of the 3 bedroom Ground Floor Apartment located at address

I can confirm there are 3 bedrooms, Spam, living room and a separate bathroom and toilet at this property.

I can confirm that tenant has lived in the property since September 2015 and has never missed a month’s rent. I can also confirm that I am happy for him to live in the property with his Fiancee, name, once she has successfully completed the visa application process and has provided me with the relevant official visa documentation from the UK home office confirming she is legally able to live in the UK.

There are currently three persons living at the address and there is more than adequate space for a fourth. Please also be notified that they will not break the Housing Overcrowding Act.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on *****

Yours Faithfully,

SimonS

Re: Landlord Letter Proof Of Accommodation

Post by SimonS » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 am

That's great if your landlord is happy to sign it. However, it should ideally state "I have no objection to accomodating the spouse/fiancee of Mr X"

It is my belief this hosehold will fall under HMO rules and require accommodaion report since you are not the sole tennant. At least that is my understadning from the information you have provided.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

GJM2017
Newly Registered

Post by GJM2017 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am

Thanks SimonS, The flat is not registered / licensed as a HMO. Am I right in thinking that this is OK as there are only 3 - 6 persons living in the accommodation? If that is the case will it just be a matter of the home office doing an inspection to assess there is adequate accommodation for myself and partner at the address?

Thanks for your help Sir.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 am

If you do not occupy the property exclusively on your own and share it with others, you need a property inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GJM2017
Newly Registered

[b]FIANCE VISA PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION[/b]

Post by GJM2017 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi - UK Citizen applying to bring fiancé to UK. Meet all the specified criteria but have run into one significant stumbling block. I have had different advice from 3 lawyers, 2 UK and 1 Russia about this issue so thought I would ask on here to try and get something definitive.

I have been subletting in a 3 bedroom flat in London for the last 2 years. All the payments have went to the lead tenant and I have an electronic record of all these payments that can be provided as evidence. I have never signed a tenancy agreement. The lead tenant has a tenancy agreement in his name only.

My landlord is refusing to provide me with a tenancy agreement without me committing to another 12 months tenancy. I do not want to do this. I have been told by 1 UK lawyer that I need a tenancy agreement. Another has told me that I can provide an agreement in another tenants name coupled with a letter from the landlord acknowledging the legitimacy of the sublet and confirming he has no objection to us living there as a couple when my partner arrives.

So if I had a house inspection done, provided a tenancy agreement in lead tenants name (not mine), letter from landlord confirming sublet and no objection, letter from lead tenant confirming the same, bank statements reflecting the payments and various other proof of address - drivers license, credit card, bank statements etc. Would this be accepted as proof of accommodation or would this be grounds for rejection?

The alternative is to provide my parent's accommodation address. Only issue is that this address is in northern Ireland. Would it be possible to provide this address?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg

GJM2017
Newly Registered

Post by GJM2017 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:02 am

My apologies for starting a new thread. Relatively new to posting and thought I had posted on the wrong group. Tried to delete it but couldn't. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm

The house inspection report must bear your name and address to you. I think since there is no approved list of property estate agents/surveyor so I am sure you can easily find out someone who can do it if you search that extensively. And i think if you get a no objection letter from lead tenant who managing the shared property then you won't need tenancy agreement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.