ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lodger Agreement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hassanatou90
Newly Registered
Senegal

Lodger Agreement

Post by Hassanatou90 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello Everyone.

I am new and I have two questions that is getting me confused. I am a British Citizen divorce in UK in March 2020 and got married May 2021 in Africa. I met my wife in 2018 but the relationship stated in March 2020. I met the financial requirement of above £33,000 on employment and had whatsApp, direct calls emails, pictures together in 2020 and marriage pics. My questions are:

1. I am renting a double room in a 2 bedroom flat and the landlord in living in the flat, we share the Spam, living room, WC & bath. The landlord gave me a Lodger Contract stating all the amount I paid monthly which includes all bills. IS THE LODGER RENT AGREEMENT SUFFICIENT? Also in the Application form they are asking for date of birth, age and name of the people living the flat. The landlord is not prepared to give out his DOB or age.

2. My son came to join me in May 2021 after a one year six month appeal which HO withdraw the case and issued my son with ILE. He is now 19 years and he is staying with relatives in Manchester and I am in London. Do I have to prove that he is not living with me?

I will highly appreciate if someone can help.

Regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Lodger Agreement

Post by TODMATT » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Hassanatou90 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm
Hello Everyone.

I am new and I have two questions that is getting me confused. I am a British Citizen divorce in UK in March 2020 and got married May 2021 in Africa. I met my wife in 2018 but the relationship stated in March 2020. I met the financial requirement of above £33,000 on employment and had whatsApp, direct calls emails, pictures together in 2020 and marriage pics. My questions are:

1. I am renting a double room in a 2 bedroom flat and the landlord in living in the flat, we share the Spam, living room, WC & bath. The landlord gave me a Lodger Contract stating all the amount I paid monthly which includes all bills. IS THE LODGER RENT AGREEMENT SUFFICIENT? Also in the Application form they are asking for date of birth, age and name of the people living the flat. The landlord is not prepared to give out his DOB or age.

2. My son came to join me in May 2021 after a one year six month appeal which HO withdraw the case and issued my son with ILE. He is now 19 years and he is staying with relatives in Manchester and I am in London. Do I have to prove that he is not living with me?

I will highly appreciate if someone can help.

Regards
1. Unfortunately, the new application has been designed in such way that, you can proceed forward without filling those information so you can probably say NO and get a letter of no objection from your landlord.

2. No.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Hassanatou90
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Hassanatou90 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Thank you so much, this will help

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 am

Hassanatou90 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm
It is not possible to comment on the lodger agreement without seeing it. However the requirements are:

a) you and your wife (two adults) must have exclusive use of the bedroom

b) unless this is already in the lodger agreement the landlord must confirm not to have any objection to your wife moving in with you

c) whatever the landlord's tenure there should be evidence that he is entitled to take in lodgers. The landlord's tenure should be confirmed.

d) as the property is in multiple occupation there must not be overcrowding in any part of it, hence the requirement to provide information on the size of the flat and all occupants. Write a cover letter if the landlord is not prepared to disclose his d.o.b. and if you don't know the ages of the other occupants just state whether they are adults or children.

Note that the HO is less likely to ask for more information about the accommodation if your intention is to move into more permanent accommodation once your wife has arrived. If this is the case state it in the cover letter
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Hassanatou90
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Hassanatou90 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Thank you so much for the clarification. In the Lodger contract he stated that Couple are allowed to stay in the double room.

Regards