ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term visit visa to my mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baskey

Long term visit visa to my mother

Post by baskey » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:16 pm

Hi all,

I need all your expert opinion to apply for long term visit visa or dependent visa to my mother. I am under HSMP visa till May 2008 and have stable job. My mother is 68years old, indian and my father passed away 5 years before. After my father's demissal my mother stayed along with my sister who is singaporean. Now my mother alone staying in singapore and my sister family moved to Ireland as my Brother in law got a good offer there. They have initially applied Ireland dependent visa but it was not granted despite of so many appeals and now mother alone living in Singapore.

Now i am settled here and my mother needs my support badly and i want to fulfill my commitments to her and not to bother my sister anymore. Is it possible either to get a long term visit visa or dependent visa to her. I understand from the old forums that getting a dependent status being not a IRL here is next to impossible. In that case i prefer atleast she has some long term visit visa if it is easier to obtain than dependent visa.

Could anybody share their experience please.

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

antontony

Post by antontony » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:30 pm

Hello,

According to the UK Immigration rules you do not have a settled status until you get ILR (based on your explanation).

Without ILR you cannot bring your ages (over 65) nother into the UK.

Sorry about that....

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:12 am

Thanks antonony for the reply. But very few people in this forum managed to get dependent visa after a long struggle being FLR here. But it requires lots of paper work and appeal etc..However i am happy if she could get a long term visit visa. Anyone applied for long term visit visa can share their experience please.

Regards,

Baskey

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:23 pm

baskey,

1. How is current scenario different to your prior post vis a vis grandparents as carers and location in India? (presume your mother is 3rd grandparent)

2.Where is your spouse - Germany or UK?

3. How many applications have been made to the Irish authorities and when/ where was this done?

4. On what grounds have the Irish authorities refused the dependent visa?

5. Does you mother have any siblings, children or grandchildren in Singapore or India?

6. Who is now taking care of your mother in Singapore?

baskey

Post by baskey » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:44 pm

Kayalami,

Thank you very much for your questions it really proves you have got good memory :D .

Q1. How is current scenario different to your prior post vis a vis
grandparents as carers and location in India? (presume your mother is 3rd
grandparent)

Yes u r right, my mother is 3rd grand parent and still my daughter is with my in laws and we are preparing for family reunion as i am recently got my contract changed to permanent job. Last April my wife and daughter both got dependent visa and will be reuniting by Sept.

Q2. Where is your spouse - Germany or UK?

Still in Germany but just resigned from her job and continuing for
the notice period.

Q3&4. How many applications have been made to the Irish authorities and when/ where was this done? On what grounds have the Irish authorities refused the dependent visa?

So far nearly 3 applications were made in the span of 1.5 yrs. All
applications were made in Singapore. But Singapore Irish embassy
forwards application to Dublin for decision. In this case only my
brother in law sponsored her, as he is the main sponsor. All
applications were rejected as my mother has son (i.e me) and my sister is not the main sponsor.

Q5&6. Does you mother have any siblings, children or grandchildren in
Singapore or India?

Yes she has granddaughter in India ( i.e. my daughter 4yrs old) other
than that she does n’t have any one really take care of her. Either my
sister or me should take care of her. So far my sister was taking
care and still she is interested to keep her with them but does n’t
get Irish visit or dependent visa. Now my mother is alone in
Singapore after my sister’s family relocated to Ireland 1.5 yrs
before and it is no more possible to continue in Singapore alone at
this age that too without speaking English. The only option for her
either to come to me now and I am really interested to keep my mother
with me. I feel I ‘ve not cared her enough in the past as i was not
stable in one place and now I am almost stable and got my
1 year contract job extended as permanent one.

So I need your expert opinion what best I could do now. I am happy
even she gets long term visit visa and keep going and coming to
Ireland/ India for every six months.

I would appreciate your views and suggestions please.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Baskey

hs159
Newly Registered

Post by hs159 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:30 pm

Anyone applied for long term visit visa can share their experience please.
Hi there,

We recently applied for my mother's 5 years visa and she got it without any problems however here is some background information that you may want to know

* My mother is 53 years old widowed as my father died 5 years ago. She's living in Pakistan with my younger brother

* She's been to UK 3 times in last 5 years (on 6 months visitor visa each time) and spent about 8 weeks on average in each trip

* I am a british citizen now (based on 4 years on work permit + 1 year on ILR) however when I applied for her 6 month visas, I was on work permit. And when we applied for 5 years visit visa, I was on ILR.

Hopefully you already know about it but 5 years visit visa means that some one can only stay maximum upto 180 days during a visit in every 12 months.

I would advise you to apply for her 6 months visit visa for first couple of times and once she's here and back to your home country, you can apply for 5 years visa. This is to demonstrate to visa officer that she's a regular visitor to you.

Hope this helps!

HS159