ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JJVeer
Newly Registered
India

Marriage Visa

Post by JJVeer » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:57 pm

I am a British citizen. My fiance is an Indian national came to the UK to get married. Now we are married but going back to India means she wont come back to UK as India is in Red List. We dont know how long India will be in Red List. She had two vaccine doses in the UK, therefore she had a Covid passport.

Regularising her visa is being considered but her visa expires on 3rd August 2021.
Is there a way out to get her an extension for 2-3 months (she already got extension from 30 June till 3rd August due to Covid).

Please advise.

secret.simon

Re: Marriage Visa

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:13 am

If she is on a fiance visa, your spouse can now apply directly for a spousal visa from within the UK.

Or did she arrive here on a Marriage Visit visa? If yes, why was that visa chosen, as that requires her to leave the UK after the marriage?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JJVeer
Newly Registered
India

Re: Marriage Visa

Post by JJVeer » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:33 am

She came on marriage visa.
She got extensions till now due to Covid & cancellation of flights.
Yes, she can aply for spouse visa as well but switching takes time and her visa may expire before that. :?