Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Post by IsabelaM » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi !! I'm a Brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.

One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So what could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.

User avatar
Posts: 23262
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Are you aware that a marriage visitor visa requires you to leave the UK after the wedding within the permitted 6 month period. :?:

If you want to remain in the UK and apply for a spouse settlement visa - FLR(M) without returning home, you need to apply for the higher fee fiance visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Post Reply