ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move from Tier 2 PBS dependant to FLR (M) spouse visa within UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sykhan88
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Move from Tier 2 PBS dependant to FLR (M) spouse visa within UK

Post by Sykhan88 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Hello,
My wife is currently on a Tier PBS Dependant visa. She cannot work as a doctor or dentist in training. I have acquired an ILR through the 5 year work route. So, I would like to apply for a FLR(M) for her which has no work restrictions.
Looking at the FLR(M) form, it has the following statement:
"You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following categories:
• As the partner or dependent child of a serving member of HM Armed Forces under Appendix Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(AF).
• On the 10-year partner or dependent child routes under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(FP).
• As the partner or dependent child of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work or study route, if you are currently in the UK as their dependant. See GOV.UK for further details: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- ... mmigration
".
what does the last statement in bold mean?. Can I apply for an FLR(M) for my wife at any time while I am in the UK? I was planning on using the Premium Service Centers.I am getting mixed messages from the UKVI customer service. Sometimes, they tell me she has to leave, other times, she doesn't.
Any clarity will be highly appreciated.
Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Move from Tier 2 PBS dependant to FLR (M) spouse visa within UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:27 pm

She can switch visas if she chooses to, however this will also reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period (2 x 2.5 year visas) before she will qualify for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sykhan88
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sykhan88 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you for a prompt response.
I understand about the clock resetting. What I want to ensure is that we can apply for her from within the UK. My plan is to book a premium service and get the visa in a day.
Can I confirm that we can apply anytime, and that she doesn't have to leave the UK and apply from home country?

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Yes, she can apply at any time before her current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KVP

Post by KVP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Sykhan88 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 pm
Thank you for a prompt response.
I understand about the clock resetting. What I want to ensure is that we can apply for her from within the UK. My plan is to book a premium service and get the visa in a day.
Can I confirm that we can apply anytime, and that she doesn't have to leave the UK and apply from home country?

Regards.
hmm.. bold decision to change to FLR M when you already have a favorable route "PBS dependent to ILR". Are you aware that your dependents can continue to stay and extend PBS dependent visa till they qualify for ILR??