ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mum's family visit visa rejected again

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

seekit

Mum's family visit visa rejected again

Post by seekit » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 am

Hi All,

My mum's family visit visa is unfortunately rejected again. Last year my mum and sister applied for family visit visa and it was rejected for both of them and they couldn't appeal against it because of some family events and they were busy etc.

This year my mum applied for visa alone in May from Lahore, Pakistan and she has just got her passport and documents back with a rejection letter. Here is the wording of the rejection letter:
You have applied for an entry clearance as a family visitor to UK for 3-4 months. I considered your application again paragraph 41 of immigration rules. You can read these rules at: URL

Any documents you have supplied in support of your application have been considered and recorded. It has not been necessary to interview you in order to reach a decision on your application.

The Decision:

* On your application form you have stated that you wish to visit your son <Name> and that they will assist with your travel costs, support and accommodation. However you have presented no satisfactory evidence from them to show that they are able to accommodate you, nor have you provided satisfactory evidence to demonstrate that you are able to cover all of your costs from your own resources. You have not provided satisfactory evidence to show what alternative accommodation is available to you. I am not satisfied that you'll maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of the resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependent , be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends. Finally I am not satisfied that you can meet the cost of the return and onward journey.

* On your application you have indicated that 2 of your children have sought to settle abroad. You have further indicated that you are mainly dependent on money given to you by your family members outside of your country of residence. You have provided no satisfactory evidence of property, assets or savings for you. Given your stated dependence on funds sent from overseas. I consider that there is little to encourage you to leave the UK on completion of a visit. Given all of this I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the UK now. I am not therefore satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by you, not exceeding 6 months, nor am I satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the period of the visit as stated by you.
I was sponsoring her visit and she is dependent on me i.e. I send her money every month for her expenses through bank transfer. I am currently on Tier 1 general visa valid till 2012. Here are the documents we supplied with the application:
  • 1 - Sponsor letter stating that I'll bear all her expenses and accommodation etc.
    2 - 6 months payslips (mine)
    3 - 6 months bank statements (mine) - with more than £10k
    4 - 3 months bank statements (mum's) - Just to show I transfer her money
    5 - Property documents - She owns a house she is living in
    6 - Tenancy agreement - I am single and was living alone in a two bedroom house
    7 - No objection letter from Landlord.
    8 - Council tax bills for a year on my name.
    9 - Water bills for a year on my name.
    10 - My Passport scans and visa page scans.
    11 - My father's death certificate with official English translation
    12 - Some family photographs to show family ties. Just to mention she has 6 children all except 2 are in Pakistan and she is grandmother as well.
Please let me know what have we missed that can cause this rejection? We have been given a chance to appeal, are there any chances of winning the appeal? Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.[/list]

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm

I am in a same situation as you. My parents applied for Islamabad. Even the wordings of letter are same.

I think as a rule of thumb, they are rejecting family visit visas from Pakistan.
No matter whatever evidence you provide them with, they will copy and paste the same stuff.

Only recourse is to appeal it and it does take almost 6 months.

seekit

Post by seekit » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear your situation brother. I am trying to figure out what have I missed. I think salary slips and payslips are the only evidences I can provide for supporting her application financially. Don't know of any third evidence that can be useful. Whereas for accomodation, not sure if all these evidences are sufficient or do they require anything particular. In rejection letter, they didn't mention what other evidence can be useful or what is missing.

May be someone who has successfully sponsored someone can shed some light what am I missing.

Thanks

mrsahmed

appeal

Post by mrsahmed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I recommend you appeal. We appealed, my husbands parents wernt desperate to come to uk so we decided to compile the appeal ourselves. we spent five minutes in the court room with the judge and the home officer rep. and Thank God the appeals were allowed. Its worth a try.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:54 pm

I think your mum visa has been rejected on the grounds that she is unlikely to return back home rather than you not being able to support and maintain her during the visit.

I think you need to show what incentives she has to return back home after the visit.The fact that she is reliant on money she recieves from her family abroad suggests she is not entirely independant and self supporting as you/she makes herself out to be

Things like family, friends, land,savings etc in her name is a good example why she will return home for !!!. You need to provide these as well.

I would not bother appealing but reapplyagain making sure that you can support her, but with more evidence /reasons to show that she will go back to Pakistan