ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Change

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

csimmons9
Newly Registered

Name Change

Post by csimmons9 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 am

Hi All,

Looking for some advice.

So, my partner and I got legally married back in March 2019, and she has been living here in the UK since September 2019 on the Family of a Settled Person Visa. She is American.

We just last month had a wedding ceremony and celebration, and she is now intending to change her name.

So she needs to change:
- BRP
- US Passport
- UK Driving Licence

Just wondering if anybody has any experience in this, as it is quite difficult to work out what should be changed first.

Assuming to change the BRP you need to send a passport with your updated name? In which case I guess the passport would obviously need to precede the BRP, in which case the order would be:
1. US Passport
2. BRP
3. UK Driving Licence.

Any help/advice very appreciated!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Name Change

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:37 pm

csimmons9 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 am
Hi All,

Looking for some advice.

So, my partner and I got legally married back in March 2019, and she has been living here in the UK since September 2019 on the Family of a Settled Person Visa. She is American.

We just last month had a wedding ceremony and celebration, and she is now intending to change her name.

So she needs to change:
- BRP
- US Passport
- UK Driving Licence

Just wondering if anybody has any experience in this, as it is quite difficult to work out what should be changed first.

Assuming to change the BRP you need to send a passport with your updated name? In which case I guess the passport would obviously need to precede the BRP, in which case the order would be:
1. US Passport
2. BRP
3. UK Driving Licence.

Any help/advice very appreciated!
Sounds about right to me. Everything is based on your Passport (BRP and Drivers L). To get a new DL, you need to show your passport and right to live and work in the UK(BRP).
So yeah, in that order.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!