ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice:9 years here

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bornfree
Newly Registered

Need advice:9 years here

Post by bornfree » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 am

Need some advice, 9 years in the uk with partner 5 years and kids. From kenya and my passport is urrently with home office , but my visa expired long time. I applied and got refuse but no money to appeal so i dont which route to go through.
ANY ADVICE WILL HELP THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need advice:9 years here

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:13 am

Useful to state all the details of your full UK immigration/visa history :idea:

Are you married or unmarried?

How long have you been with your partner?

What was reason for last refusal?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bornfree
Newly Registered

Post by bornfree » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 am

tHANKS FOR REPLY.

I came under student visa but dint finish college and i met my partner and w ehad 3 kids. we met and being together for 6 years now and living together for 4 to five years.

My visa expired about 3-4y ears ago and just before i put in application and it got declined based on facts that were not even true e.g saying my partner wasnt even british when was born here and been here all her life and some other reason. I couldnt appeal and i had a bad lawyer so was messed up.

Im meant to be signing at the immigrigation center every 2 weeks but havent done that for a long time as the fear of being detailed and seperated from my family at any momnet. They are all i have.

We would been married long after our first child but as i had refusal and expired visa, i couldnt prove legal to get a registrar to marry us. Even our church as well.

And i have also lost most of documents and certificates due to water damp and serious water damage at previous acomodation.

I need help please. I want to work for my family, but this is stressing me out. Im ot lazy and their are jobs about, i just need to be fully legal and not look over my neck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 am

What was the last application you made and the reason for refusal?? What form did you apply on?

Unless you give full details, it is difficult to offer advice.

You should not have stopped reporting, this will have a negative impact.

The only option potentially available is FLR FP 10 year partner route. These applications can take many months, sometimes more than a year and no guarantee of success.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bornfree
Newly Registered

Post by bornfree » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 am

I was on the student visa and I applied under the partner 10 year route.

Refusal were based on negative facts such as my partner wasnt british and i hadnt given evidence to show relatrionship with my kids and evidence of us living together. And i applied when wwe only had one child and she was pregnant with the second.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I know you say you've lost documents to water damage and all of that, but do you possibly have the refusal letter? If yes, could you quote it word for word?

Are your children in school?

Can you prove that you have a family life that will be affected if you are sent back to Kenya and separated from your family?

What citizenship/residency proof does your partner currently have?
bornfree wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 am
I was on the student visa and I applied under the partner 10 year route.

Refusal were based on negative facts such as my partner wasnt british and i hadnt given evidence to show relatrionship with my kids and evidence of us living together. And i applied when wwe only had one child and she was pregnant with the second.

bornfree
Newly Registered

Post by bornfree » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks for reply.
Yes i have lost most documents but looking through copies and email copies i had i cant find the which was appeal letter after the application was initially denied back in 2015.
I have asked my previous lawyer that handled it to send me a copy which i would be able to quote.

But the last letter i had from them was in october 2016 stating refusal to report at becket center. NOTICE TO AN OFFENDER WHO HAS FAILED OT REPORT AS REQUIRED.

Oldest child is 4 and hasnt started school yet. He starts next year session.

Proving this days you have family life depends on many things or how they are proven but i know and do beleieve i can prove i have a family life here and will be affected if sent back.

My partner is british from birth
Thanks

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Can you afford legal representation? I would consider that if I were you. Failing to report does seem to skew things against you. So talk to an immigration lawyer, will you?

bornfree
Newly Registered

Post by bornfree » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Yes im not well to do but i think I will be afford legal representation. However im look for the best or one with expeirience as i dont want to be messed up like m first lawyer did. A good reccomendation will be appreciated.

Thank you so much

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 pm

bornfree wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 pm
Yes im not well to do but i think I will be afford legal representation. However im look for the best or one with expeirience as i dont want to be messed up like m first lawyer did. A good reccomendation will be appreciated.

Thank you so much
Under the Board Ts&Cs members are not permitted to post professional recommendations on the open forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.