ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next day decision (UK) on the new system - your experiences please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Next day decision (UK) on the new system - your experiences please

Post by muffinman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:50 am

Hi,
I’m about to put in my application for FLR(m) as the unmarried partner of a British citizen. I need to travel for work immediately after a decision is made so I’m wondering if anyone has used the next day decision option on the new system and how did it go?

When you submitted your online application were there plenty of appointments to choose from within the immediate few days? (The old system premium appointments always had weeks of waiting).

And, if you did get an appointment was your decision made within 24hrs and how were you notified? My understanding is that I will retain my passport so as soon as a decision is made I can leave the country for work.

Thanks for the help

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Re: Next day decision (UK) on the new system - your experiences please

Post by muffinman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 am

Anyone used the next day service at all in UK? Very interested to know your experience. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:40 am

Please refrain from spamming all topics with the same questions. This has been posted about many times in the super priority experience topic.

1. It really depends where you are based on how soon you can get an appointment. Obviously it would differ in various regions.

2. Not everyone is getting a decision within 24 hours either, some waiting a couple of weeks and some have waited since November.

3. You also cannot travel until you receive your new BRP card, which could take 7-10 days (sometimes a bit longer) to be delivered to you AFTER your application is approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 am

muffinman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:41 am
why do my replies to this thread keep getting removed? My question is relevant to what has been discussed earlier in the thread...
Removed again. Please see point 12 in the forum rules FAQs in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html

And also announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks for the info and forwarding me to the correct thread.

I had posted in one other thread when there was no response here. So not quite "spamming all topics"

adi21
Bangladesh

Post by adi21 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi muffinman,

I’m really interested to know about query reply? But unable to find out specific thread n answer. Please assist me. Thanks for assistance.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi,

So I submitted my application on a Friday and the earliest appointment I could get was the next Tuesday - had to get an out of hours appointment at the lounge as all the free ones were booked out for about 2 weeks.

Attended the appointment and received a response by email about 6 hours later.