ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next steps on A2 certificate refusal **Please advice**

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
latino4ever
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 11:22 am
Mood:
Ecuador

Next steps on A2 certificate refusal **Please advice**

Post by latino4ever » Sun May 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Reading a couple of post I find that many users have been in the same situation. In brief my situation is currently as follows.
1 - BRP expiry 02/2019
2 - Visa was refused 03/04/2019
2a - Reason: Not meeting A2 certificate for second renewal (english is not good enough to pass LIUK test for ILR), my mistake as I thought why would second renewal be different from first renewal
2b - Passport and expired BRP withheld by UKVI
3 - 03/04/2019 After investigation all SELTs centres require original up to date proof of ID which was withheld by UKVI.
4 - 03/04/2019 UKVI Customer centre advised that an online passport return request should be submitted with the following reason “Passport is needed for proof of ID to take SELT”
5 - 03/04/2019 UKVI customer centre asked for the request reference number and will escalate the request.
6 - 04/04/2019 contacted UKVI and was advised the request was submitted and will need to wait
7 - Submitted the appeal as we didn’t want to break the status and be classed as overstayer (still waiting to hear but 140£ has been debited)
8 - 29/04/2019 Passport was returned (60 days to return the passport) and SELT B1 level booked and passed on 04/05/2019 with certificate delivered on 10/05/2019
9 - Can you share your knowledge and experience to answer my questions:
9a - Will the 5 year route be affected in any way?
9b - I don’t know the next steps from here, can you advice past experiences such as a) submit a brand new application or b)send the certificate to the UKVI

Post Reply
cron