ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not Getting Appointment with VFS Global

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sumahi2012
Newly Registered

Not Getting Appointment with VFS Global

Post by sumahi2012 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:28 am

I recently completed online application for my mother's family visit to the UK from India. I made the fee payment for 5 year visit and then was directed to VFS Global, India to upload the documents and take an appointment for visa interview.

I am looking to book an appointment at VFS Global Delhi on 4th/7th June. However, on the Appointment page, I can't see any appointment slot beyond 31st May 2019. I have been frantically trying to update that appointment page everyday in hope that the Appointment window will open for one more day, but still no sight of appointment slot beyond the 31st May.

Could it be that:
(i) I am missing something very obvious?
(ii) Is it a system glitch?
(iii) Does the Appointment window/slots not open until few days before the date (i.e. do I need to wait for few more days before I can see the June appointment slots?)

Is there an alternative option to schedule an appointment (without having to pay anything extra to VFS)?

I have raised an online complaint but haven't received any response. Is there a VFS Global contact number where I can call to discuss this issue.

Thanks

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: Not Getting Appointment with VFS Global

Post by taffet87 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:31 pm

try a different browser... are you missing to click on an arrow to change the month?

sumahi2012
Newly Registered

Post by sumahi2012 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:07 am

I have tried it on both Chrome & IE, with no success. I still can't see any available appointment slot beyond 31st May. I am concerned that by the time (and if) VFS opens June appointment window, I will end up not getting the days I want.

I suspect it is just a ruse for VFS to force me into opting for their premium (paid) walk-in appointment service. The document uploading page gave me a lot of grief before I managed to upload few docs.

Has anybody had similar experience recently with appointment service? Is there an alternative way to book appointment (or to get VFS to resolve this problem)?

Many thanks

sumahi2012
Newly Registered

Post by sumahi2012 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:37 am

Anyone, who can provide guidance?

*bump*

sumahi2012
Newly Registered

Post by sumahi2012 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:57 am

Problem sorted. After days of trying to refresh the appointment page, VFS finally opened the June appointment window and I managed to book a slot.

The VFS system is painfully inefficient, frequently loses connection with server (forcing one to re-login) and its document uploading facility is shambles.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 am

I am amused by the persecution mentality of applicants for all services.
They claim that non availability of slots is because they want to make money,
because they are biased and prejudiced blah blah.