ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of home office withdrawal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anapador
Newly Registered
Philippines

Notice of home office withdrawal

Post by Anapador » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:48 am

My application for my daughter to join us here in the U.K. was denied .On 16 Nov 2018 I asked help from a law firm to make the appeal in my behalf. On 01 Feb 2019, I received a letter from the Tribunal Service NOTICE OF HOME OFFICE DECISION WITHDRAWAL. I immediately asked my solicitor to respond giving my consent to the withdrawal of the appeal. Until now I have not received any update. Can somebody tell me what is the next thing to do and how long will it usually take for a visa to be issued for my daughter. My daughter is still in the Philippines. She's only 13 years old.

Thank u very much.

Mrs Ana

Oggworth
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Notice of home office withdrawal

Post by Oggworth » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 am

Hi Mrs. Ana!

So happy that your daughter is being allowed in, I hope she has the best time in the UK :)

From here, the process should take no more than around 12 weeks. Sometimes this wait is much less, sometimes much more, but I doubt it would be any more than 12 weeks given that you've already got a solicitor working on the case.

If you're looking for ways to speed up the process, I'd highly recommend contacting your local MP. The Home Office may be very good at ignoring normal people, but they'll often be much more willing to run around for an MP - so if possible get them to contact the Home Office personally. If you're not sure who your local MP is, have a look here.

All the best, and good luck!

Anapador
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Notice of home office withdrawal

Post by Anapador » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 am

Hi. Thank you very much. I will do try to get in touch with my MP hopefully he will help me speed things up. Again, thank you very much for your advise.