Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of marriage and pending applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator, sbrennan

Branok
Newly Registered
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: Notice of marriage and pending applications

Post by Branok » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:14 pm

I'm from Germany and she is from Argentina.

I asked a friend who recently got married and they didn't need to show anything on the day but then again they are both British.

Casa
Great Britain

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Branok wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:14 pm
I'm from Germany and she is from Argentina.

I asked a friend who recently got married and they didn't need to show anything on the day but then again they are both British.
That's the difference! :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Branok
Newly Registered
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by Branok » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Update:

We gave notice of intent to marry a few days ago. The registrar was polite and explained all procedures etc. He also confirmed that they will not ask for the passports again.

A few interesting things from the chat with him:

* They will not ask to see the passports again
* Home office has apparently recently started to pick up people for deportation BEFORE the interview stage
* A genuine couple with children who passed the interview was recently picked up and deported on the wedding day
* He reckon they only do this with people who are not currently reporting to the home office

So I'm sh*tting myself a little bit at the moment as we don't have a pending case. If we were to send in an EEA EFM application and refer to Lounes, will that been seen as we are trying to frustrate them and buying time?