ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
anil1978
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by anil1978 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:55 am

Hi,

I phoned today to find out the progress of the application and also to request my passport back (Sponser) but when I pressed the option 3 it just played a recorded message saying it will take 6 months for processing the applications.

Is there a number to speak to them and find out the status and is there any number separately to request my passport back.

Roadmaster
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am

Might be interesting to follow the response to this Freedom of Information request below.

No surprises here either - UKBA is already late with their response in the time allowed to respond.


http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

kuzey50
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 am

Post by kuzey50 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:01 am

anil1978 wrote:Hi,

I phoned today to find out the progress of the application and also to request my passport back (Sponser) but when I pressed the option 3 it just played a recorded message saying it will take 6 months for processing the applications.

Is there a number to speak to them and find out the status and is there any number separately to request my passport back.
Hello anil1978,

When we made the application back in March, as the sponser, I have received a letter (separeta from the acknowledgement letter with my name on it) from the Sheffield office. at the top of that letter, there was a phone number. The letter says, if you need your documents urgently please ring this number. The number is 0870 606 7766.

When I rang them, they asked me why I wanted my passport back. It took around 2weeks to receive it. Make sure you mention you DO NOT WISH TO withdraw the application.

Hope this helps

travelerzee
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by travelerzee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am

Hi guys, just a quick update. I posted my application off on 4th July. a week later my husband found out he needed to go to overseas in Sept. we immediately contacted our MP and explained the situation. we were requesting the return of the sponsor's visa and DID NOT want to withdraw the application.

they initially told us that there wasnt much hope as we just needed to wait for a decision. i called every few days trying to get an answer from the MP's office.

so more than a month has passed since requesting the MP's help. yesterday i received a call saying that we should not have sent the application in if he needed is passport. i explained that we didnt know he would need it and we had actually had a same day appointment for 9th July, but decided to post it due to the changes.

Since posting the application we [b]havent received a biometrics letter[/b] and when we contacted the UKBA, they said our case wasnt on file yet. anyways, the MP's office said that there are literally hundred of "crates' of applications waiting to be looked at. she said these applications are still in their envelops and have not been checked for documents and not been given to a case worker. all thats happened to them is payment taken and acknowledgment letters sent.

they have had our application for more than SEVEN weeks and havent even looked at it! so all this BS about 95% of applications being processed in 4 weeks is ridiculous.

anyway, they have now apparently loaded our application onto the system and will need to pass it onto the document checking department before they can send my husbands passport back. but at least we have an idea about whats going on.

i really wish the UKBA would just be straight with all of us and give a realistic timeline with some genuine feedback out the status of the applicaiton process. saying your application is 'still being processed' is not correct if its sitting in a crate somewhere with thousands of other applciaitons that have not even been looked at yet!

stay strong everyone. we're all in the wait together!
Last edited by travelerzee on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommyc
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by tommyc » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 am

Finally have good news!!! We got our documents back at 7.30am this morning, and biometric visa should be here within 7 working days!!! (after waiting 5 months 22 days) Here's the (almost complete) timeline:

Sent FLR (M) by post: 3rd March 2012
Biometrics submitted at post office: 31st March 2012
Wrote to local MP: end of June
Lost £900 on non-refundable flights to Spain and hotel: 27th July 2012
Mp received letter from UKBA sayng we just have to wait:early August
Requested my (sponsors) passport by phone: 10th August
Passport received with letter saying they have kept a copy: 20th August
Partners prospective employer phoned UKBA to ask what was going on (due to start 1st september): 21st August
Partner emailed new work saying he wont be able to start because visa not back: 24th August
Documents returned!!!: 25th August
BRP: soon!!

Was getting worried as my partner literally just received his last pay from his current job, so we were looking at a period of much reduced household income. phew. been such a long time.

Good luck to everybody waiting, hopefully the other feb/march applicants will get theirs soon. This message board has been such a great resource,i I dont know what I would have done without hearing that others are waiting similar times at least! Thankyou to everybody for leaving their updates and to the guys who setup/moderate it!

glenrock12
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm

FLR (M)

Post by glenrock12 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm

hi ,i have received my ILR recently .To avoid new rules ,i applied for my wife FLR(M) 29 june , when my ILR application was under consideration.but still haven't received her acknowledgement letter ,almost 2 months & also no biometric letter.but money has been taken 12 july.in such situation what should i do, if some one can guide me .will be kind.

ken2mj
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 pm
Location: Antrim, N. Ireland

Post by ken2mj » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Congratulations, tommyc!

badger111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by badger111 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:38 pm

tommyc wrote:Finally have good news!!! We got our documents back at 7.30am this morning, and biometric visa should be here within 7 working days!!! (after waiting 5 months 22 days) Here's the (almost complete) timeline:

Sent FLR (M) by post: 3rd March 2012
Biometrics submitted at post office: 31st March 2012
Wrote to local MP: end of June
Lost £900 on non-refundable flights to Spain and hotel: 27th July 2012
Mp received letter from UKBA sayng we just have to wait:early August
Requested my (sponsors) passport by phone: 10th August
Passport received with letter saying they have kept a copy: 20th August
Partners prospective employer phoned UKBA to ask what was going on (due to start 1st september): 21st August
Partner emailed new work saying he wont be able to start because visa not back: 24th August
Documents returned!!!: 25th August
BRP: soon!!

Was getting worried as my partner literally just received his last pay from his current job, so we were looking at a period of much reduced household income. phew. been such a long time.

Good luck to everybody waiting, hopefully the other feb/march applicants will get theirs soon. This message board has been such a great resource,i I dont know what I would have done without hearing that others are waiting similar times at least! Thankyou to everybody for leaving their updates and to the guys who setup/moderate it!
I am so happy for you! Finally somebody got their documents back.

anil1978
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by anil1978 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 am

kuzey50 wrote:
anil1978 wrote:Hi,

I phoned today to find out the progress of the application and also to request my passport back (Sponser) but when I pressed the option 3 it just played a recorded message saying it will take 6 months for processing the applications.

Is there a number to speak to them and find out the status and is there any number separately to request my passport back.
Hello anil1978,

When we made the application back in March, as the sponser, I have received a letter (separeta from the acknowledgement letter with my name on it) from the Sheffield office. at the top of that letter, there was a phone number. The letter says, if you need your documents urgently please ring this number. The number is 0870 606 7766.

When I rang them, they asked me why I wanted my passport back. It took around 2weeks to receive it. Make sure you mention you DO NOT WISH TO withdraw the application.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.Did you get the visa yet?

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 am
Location: United Kingdom

pending biometrics letter

Post by TnT-FreaK » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

travelerzee wrote:HI Steph,

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...

New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

Key Question: Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

I am also following: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012 Dated 09/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: pending....
Date biometrics appointment: pending...
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: pending...
Biometric Card Received: pending...
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW

kuzey50
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 am

Post by kuzey50 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:36 pm

anil1978 wrote:
kuzey50 wrote:
anil1978 wrote:Hi,

I phoned today to find out the progress of the application and also to request my passport back (Sponser) but when I pressed the option 3 it just played a recorded message saying it will take 6 months for processing the applications.

Is there a number to speak to them and find out the status and is there any number separately to request my passport back.
Hello anil1978,

When we made the application back in March, as the sponser, I have received a letter (separeta from the acknowledgement letter with my name on it) from the Sheffield office. at the top of that letter, there was a phone number. The letter says, if you need your documents urgently please ring this number. The number is 0870 606 7766.

When I rang them, they asked me why I wanted my passport back. It took around 2weeks to receive it. Make sure you mention you DO NOT WISH TO withdraw the application.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.Did you get the visa yet?
No, we are still awaiting. I have sent doctor reports 2 weeks ago to inform them my grandfather was in hospital and requested urgent decision but no luck yet. Our 25th week begins tomorrow!

Not happy at all.

travelerzee
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: pending biometrics letter

Post by travelerzee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:53 pm

[quote="TnT-FreaK"][quote="travelerzee"]HI Steph,

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...[/quote]


New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

[b]Key Question:[/b] Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

I am also following: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012 Dated 09/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: pending....
Date biometrics appointment: pending...
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: pending...
Biometric Card Received: pending...
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW[/quote]



HI Tnt Freak, have a look at my post on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am. i'm in the same situation as you are.... sucks hey!

aditipritam
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by aditipritam » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm

kuzey50 wrote:
anil1978 wrote:
kuzey50 wrote:
anil1978 wrote:Hi,

I phoned today to find out the progress of the application and also to request my passport back (Sponser) but when I pressed the option 3 it just played a recorded message saying it will take 6 months for processing the applications.

Is there a number to speak to them and find out the status and is there any number separately to request my passport back.
Hello anil1978,

When we made the application back in March, as the sponser, I have received a letter (separeta from the acknowledgement letter with my name on it) from the Sheffield office. at the top of that letter, there was a phone number. The letter says, if you need your documents urgently please ring this number. The number is 0870 606 7766.

When I rang them, they asked me why I wanted my passport back. It took around 2weeks to receive it. Make sure you mention you DO NOT WISH TO withdraw the application.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.Did you get the visa yet?
No, we are still awaiting. I have sent doctor reports 2 weeks ago to inform them my grandfather was in hospital and requested urgent decision but no luck yet. Our 25th week begins tomorrow!

Not happy at all.
when did you sent the doctor reports?

anil1978
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: pending biometrics letter

Post by anil1978 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 am

travelerzee wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
travelerzee wrote:HI Steph,

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...

New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

Key Question: Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

I am also following: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012 Dated 09/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: pending....
Date biometrics appointment: pending...
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: pending...
Biometric Card Received: pending...
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW


HI Tnt Freak, have a look at my post on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:53 am. i'm in the same situation as you are.... sucks hey!

anil1978
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by anil1978 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 am

aditipritam wrote:
kuzey50 wrote:
anil1978 wrote:
kuzey50 wrote:
Hello anil1978,

When we made the application back in March, as the sponser, I have received a letter (separeta from the acknowledgement letter with my name on it) from the Sheffield office. at the top of that letter, there was a phone number. The letter says, if you need your documents urgently please ring this number. The number is 0870 606 7766.

When I rang them, they asked me why I wanted my passport back. It took around 2weeks to receive it. Make sure you mention you DO NOT WISH TO withdraw the application.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.Did you get the visa yet?
No, we are still awaiting. I have sent doctor reports 2 weeks ago to inform them my grandfather was in hospital and requested urgent decision but no luck yet. Our 25th week begins tomorrow!

Not happy at all.
when did you sent the doctor reports?
No I didnt send any doctor reports. We made application in May and the biometrics in first week of June, Still waiting as everyone.

2222
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:15 pm

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 am

Still no news, 6 months today, I applied for FRL M on 27th February and I am still waiting.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by TnT-FreaK » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 pm

travelerzee wrote:Hi guys, just a quick update. I posted my application off on 4th July. a week later my husband found out he needed to go to overseas in Sept. we immediately contacted our MP and explained the situation. we were requesting the return of the sponsor's visa and DID NOT want to withdraw the application.

they initially told us that there wasnt much hope as we just needed to wait for a decision. i called every few days trying to get an answer from the MP's office.

so more than a month has passed since requesting the MP's help. yesterday i received a call saying that we should not have sent the application in if he needed is passport. i explained that we didnt know he would need it and we had actually had a same day appointment for 9th July, but decided to post it due to the changes.

Since posting the application we havent received a biometrics letter and when we contacted the UKBA, they said our case wasnt on file yet. anyways, the MP's office said that there are literally hundred of "crates' of applications waiting to be looked at. she said these applications are still in their envelops and have not been checked for documents and not been given to a case worker. all thats happened to them is payment taken and acknowledgment letters sent.

they have had our application for more than SEVEN weeks and havent even looked at it! so all this BS about 95% of applications being processed in 4 weeks is ridiculous.

anyway, they have now apparently loaded our application onto the system and will need to pass it onto the document checking department before they can send my husbands passport back. but at least we have an idea about whats going on.

i really wish the UKBA would just be straight with all of us and give a realistic timeline with some genuine feedback out the status of the applicaiton process. saying your application is 'still being processed' is not correct if its sitting in a crate somewhere with thousands of other applciaitons that have not even been looked at yet!

stay strong everyone. we're all in the wait together!
So did UKBA confirm that your application is in the system or was that through the local MP office?

Did UKBA give any estimate of when will you receive the biometrics letter?

travelerzee
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by travelerzee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:42 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
travelerzee wrote:Hi guys, just a quick update. I posted my application off on 4th July. a week later my husband found out he needed to go to overseas in Sept. we immediately contacted our MP and explained the situation. we were requesting the return of the sponsor's visa and DID NOT want to withdraw the application.

they initially told us that there wasnt much hope as we just needed to wait for a decision. i called every few days trying to get an answer from the MP's office.

so more than a month has passed since requesting the MP's help. yesterday i received a call saying that we should not have sent the application in if he needed is passport. i explained that we didnt know he would need it and we had actually had a same day appointment for 9th July, but decided to post it due to the changes.

Since posting the application we havent received a biometrics letter and when we contacted the UKBA, they said our case wasnt on file yet. anyways, the MP's office said that there are literally hundred of "crates' of applications waiting to be looked at. she said these applications are still in their envelops and have not been checked for documents and not been given to a case worker. all thats happened to them is payment taken and acknowledgment letters sent.

they have had our application for more than SEVEN weeks and havent even looked at it! so all this BS about 95% of applications being processed in 4 weeks is ridiculous.

anyway, they have now apparently loaded our application onto the system and will need to pass it onto the document checking department before they can send my husbands passport back. but at least we have an idea about whats going on.

i really wish the UKBA would just be straight with all of us and give a realistic timeline with some genuine feedback out the status of the applicaiton process. saying your application is 'still being processed' is not correct if its sitting in a crate somewhere with thousands of other applciaitons that have not even been looked at yet!

stay strong everyone. we're all in the wait together!
So did UKBA confirm that your application is in the system or was that through the local MP office?

Did UKBA give any estimate of when will you receive the biometrics letter?
The MP's office said they would need to put the application on the system before they can return the passport. we received my husbands passport on Saturday. they sent it next day delivery. we're calling on Tuesday to request the biometrics letter. so hopefully soon!

Roadmaster
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: pending biometrics letter

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
travelerzee wrote:HI Steph,

the UKBA received our application on 5 July. we still havent received the biometrics letter yet! we're called twice and have been told that my application 'isnt on the system yet' so they cant even request it for us. as always, the best/ only advice, according to the UKBA, is 'be patient'...

New to this forum, so here is my story. I have received the same response from UKBA "application isnt on the system yet". See below for my timeline

Key Question: Has anyone received a biometrics letter with application date for FLR(M) in July?

I am also following: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-298846

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012 Dated 09/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: pending....
Date biometrics appointment: pending...
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: pending...
Biometric Card Received: pending...
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: PSW
My timeline is exactly like yours. I have not received a biometrics letter either. This week will be nearly 8 weeks. I am wondering whether asking for the sponsors passport back might speed this up??

badger111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by badger111 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you send a wrong application form to UKBA?

bobobo
Senior Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by bobobo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 am

The Application is refused and sent back.
badger111 wrote:Just out of curiosity, what happens if you send a wrong application form to UKBA?

badger111
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by badger111 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 am

bobobo wrote:The Application is refused and sent back.
Hm, I see. Well, I think I have made a mistake, but it has been 25 weeks, and they have invited me for biometrics, obviously taken money of the account, and contacted local council. So is it really possible that they haven't realized that, or it just that they haven't even bothered to go through the form?

Skonky
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Skonky » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 am

Just gonna share our waiting times....
Application sent 2/7/2012
Money taken 5/7/2012
Acknowledgement letter 9/7/2012

Awaiting biometrics letter....

Skonky
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Skonky » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

Just gonna share our waiting times....
Application sent 2/7/2012
Money taken 5/7/2012
Acknowledgement letter 9/7/2012

Awaiting biometrics letter....

z18runway
Senior Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 am

badger111 wrote:
bobobo wrote:The Application is refused and sent back.
Hm, I see. Well, I think I have made a mistake, but it has been 25 weeks, and they have invited me for biometrics, obviously taken money of the account, and contacted local council. So is it really possible that they haven't realized that, or it just that they haven't even bothered to go through the form?
you saying they contacted local council, by the way, how do you know that they contacted ? and moreover what type of info they need from local council ?

Locked
cron