ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Older dependent relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Post Reply
khanz
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:35 pm
Location: U.K.

Post by khanz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to apply two years family visitor's visa for her, hopefully in a couple of weeks time. The documents I am planning to attach with the VAF1B form are:

1. Sponsorship letter
2. Sponsorship declaration
3. Last three months payslips
4. Last three months bank statement
5. Home Registry as a proof of accommodation
6. Copy of my passport

Please suggest if any other documents also required. One problem is that I am going to be made redundant from 12th of April and I am going to start a new job from 15th of April. Should I send three months payslips of my current employer and the contract letter from the new employer?

sarwat
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by sarwat » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:06 am

Hi Khanz, I am in similar situation as you. plz let me know how your application goes. GOOD LUCK

Keisha
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 pm

ILR

Post by Keisha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Hiya,

My sister came on a visitor's visa as the rest of the family lives here.However,my parents decided to apply for a ILR (adult dependant) through a solicitor who charged them over £4000 for fast-tracking the visa.honestly,I feel its too much money and the solicitor claimed the case is straightforward.I'm a bit skeptical though want things to work out at the end.

Could someone share any info,if they have been in a similar situation and what are the rules??

Cheers

khanz
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:35 pm
Location: U.K.

Post by khanz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi Keisha,

Good luck with your parents ILR application. Please keep us posted about the progress and the output of the case as this would be very helpful for me and others as well.

Thanks

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Keisha,

Did your parents apply under old rules (pre July 9th 2012) or under new rules. Either case there is no fast track and this is one of the complex category.

We made an application and been waiting for nearly 10 months now.

khanz
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:35 pm
Location: U.K.

Post by khanz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Kuruvi,

Did you apply under old or new rules? 10 months is a very long period. Did you try to contact the home office or the embassy to expedite the case?

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:23 pm

We contacted them but asked to wait.

khanz
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:35 pm
Location: U.K.

Post by khanz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Did you apply under old or new rules?

raja999
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi,

Post by raja999 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi All,
Need help. I will be getting British passport soon (applied). I am working full time. Its seems now it not possible to call parents (one above 65) and dependent relatives( sisters) permanently to uk. I am reading about exercising EU treating rights.

Can i call my parents and dependent sisters with respect to
EU Law. I am willing to move to another EU country if i have to to bring my dependents .

Please can anyone explain to me if this is possible in any EU country and let me know how.

Thanks in advance

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 am

kuruvi wrote:We contacted them but asked to wait.
on what date the application was made ?

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am

kahn wrote:
kuruvi wrote:We contacted them but asked to wait.
on what date the application was made ?
last month an application of first week of July 2012 decided but circumstances of every case can be different .
If you can share the date of application and brief of circumstances!

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Fri May 10, 2013 6:25 pm

We also applied in july. I think there is a huge delay in processing.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

What was the outcome of the case you mentioned.

Thanks

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Sat May 11, 2013 5:36 pm

kuruvi wrote:We also applied in july. I think there is a huge delay in processing.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

What was the outcome of the case you mentioned.

Thanks
2 applications decided under old rules transitional arrangements;
one refused one approved , it all depends on individual circumstances paying a solicitor lot of money is not much relevant , I am afraid.
Application made 3 July 12 expected to be be decided under the transitional arrangements- it depends what your circumstances are for example age 65, financial dependency, no relatives to turn to for support in country of origin. best of luck

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Sat May 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the info. I think we posted the application on 5th. It took over 4 months for biometric letter to be sent. Done bio in early December and no news after.

When did the other applicant done biometrics.

Trickytok
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Trickytok » Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 pm

My dad applied on 6 th july... No news yet.. Gonna be almost a year now!

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Tue May 14, 2013 12:08 pm

kuruvi wrote:Thanks for the info. I think we posted the application on 5th. It took over 4 months for biometric letter to be sent. Done bio in early December and no news after.

When did the other applicant done biometrics.
if application posted on 5 or 6 or even 7 July which was a Saturday it was in time for old Rules to apply it is the post office stamp on the envelope that matters. It does not matter much when bio was taken, if it was taken it means caseworker allocated and application being worked on, some inquiries take long But if it meets the old Rules it will be approved . don't worry about how long it takes it is taking these even a year -
if applicant 65 and financial dependency proved and no one to turn to for financial support in country of origin, the application is likely to be approved.

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

khan

Thanks again for the info. I am, now, re-leaved that it will fall under old rules.

I read it http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=720 here that the processing time clock start only after biometric data are entered.

The reply says

"Postal applications are received by our office in Durham where our commercial partner takes the fee. Despite what you may think the Home Office does not receive the fee until such time as the application is decided. Once the relevant fee has been cleared (this can take up to one week depending on the applicant’s choice of payment method) the application is passed to the relevant office responsible for deciding the application. The application must then be recorded on our computer system and our aim is to do this within one week of receipt of the application. Unfortunately the level of applications received meant that some applications were waiting much longer than this. As part of the process for inputting the application the applicant is sent a request to enrol their biometrics. Additional staff were recruited in 2012 to assist us in reducing the time between receipt of the application and inputting and I am pleased to tell you that we are now inputting applications within one week of receipt.

The application is then held until the applicant has successfully enrolled their biometrics. As our website makes clear the enrolling of biometrics forms part of the application process and the service standard does not start to apply until we have received the biometrics."



Hmm, it means it is not yet 6 months since we enrolled biometrics.

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Tue May 14, 2013 9:25 pm

kuruvi wrote:khan

Thanks again for the info. I am, now, re-leaved that it will fall under old rules.

I read it http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=720 here that the processing time clock start only after biometric data are entered.

The reply says

"Postal applications are received by our office in Durham where our commercial partner takes the fee. Despite what you may think the Home Office does not receive the fee until such time as the application is decided. Once the relevant fee has been cleared (this can take up to one week depending on the applicant’s choice of payment method) the application is passed to the relevant office responsible for deciding the application. The application must then be recorded on our computer system and our aim is to do this within one week of receipt of the application. Unfortunately the level of applications received meant that some applications were waiting much longer than this. As part of the process for inputting the application the applicant is sent a request to enrol their biometrics. Additional staff were recruited in 2012 to assist us in reducing the time between receipt of the application and inputting and I am pleased to tell you that we are now inputting applications within one week of receipt.

The application is then held until the applicant has successfully enrolled their biometrics. As our website makes clear the enrolling of biometrics forms part of the application process and the service standard does not start to apply until we have received the biometrics."



Hmm, it means it is not yet 6 months since we enrolled biometrics.
Yes it is surely so, it will fall under old Rules- they issued a caseworker guidance in Dec 2012 for transitional arrangements included in HC760. Guidance document set08 specifically says "Old Rules" to continue to apply to applications made before 9 July12
---- just Don't strain your nerves- Don't push them at all -let them take their time for satisfaction in inquiries - it is a difficult route involves verification of individual circumstances but if the case falls under Immigration Rule 317 it will be approved, I can hope. And nothing else helps.....
...not yet 6 months- it means nothing- a Dec 2012 bios case decided in Apr - depends on circumstances- each case has its own, to be verified.

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks Kahn. We shall wait. I have only called them once so far but now wait.

Anndeep
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 am

older relatives (mum)

Post by Anndeep » Mon May 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello,
I would like to bring my mum as an elderly dependent on my ILR after one year. What all should I do to prepare for this? She is in her 70s, a widow and no other sibling. How can I show that she is financially and emotionally dependent on me? What else do I need to do from now onwards? On one hand UKBA is saying that elderly relative should be incapable of performing everyday tasks themselves such as washing, dressing, cooking. Then the elderly relative should not employ any carer, domestic helper to do this (inspite of sponsor in UK sending money). What kind of documents are required for this? She has been visiting me as a visitor on six months visa and has been to UK 8 times without breaching any rules. I will appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks

kuruvi
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Post by kuruvi » Tue May 28, 2013 6:13 pm

dozywalia wrote:My dad applied on 6 th july... No news yet.. Gonna be almost a year now!
dozywalia

Did you get any update on your fathers application.

We are still waiting and it is 11 months.

Thanks

doc_S
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by doc_S » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:17 pm

I am much more than simply furious reading new immigration rules on elderly dependants of British citizens. Such an inhumane rule which no one can satisfy at all. If you satisfy one condition then you nullify the other and vice versa. I am gob smacked that how come these rules were passed? Does anyone know if these have been challenged in court, any judicial review in action or planned etc? Because it completely shuts the door on elderly dependants of British citizens for ever, how inhumane and against basic rights :x

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 am

kuruvi wrote:
dozywalia wrote:My dad applied on 6 th july... No news yet.. Gonna be almost a year now!
dozywalia

Did you get any update on your fathers application.

We are still waiting and it is 11 months.

Thanks
If it takes a year there is no guarantee it would be a refusal or approval, Yet have never heard an approval in less than a year on any before 9 July case, but heard of refusals in less than a year - fingers crossed , patience

15Jan
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by 15Jan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:11 pm

We need to get together and fight these draconian rules, they make no sense and it's unfair to leave the Parents/Grandparents when they need us most.

Anyone up for the fight and remember this will be a long one.

kahn
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by kahn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 pm

15Jan wrote:We need to get together and fight these draconian rules, they make no sense and it's unfair to leave the Parents/Grandparents when they need us most.

Anyone up for the fight and remember this will be a long one.
Not sure about a fight you have in mind, but there was bit of an effort, an
All Party Parliamentary Committee report is awaited in this month. Not much expected to change though. Presently it may not be a priority for any one in position of any influence. In the new environment adult children are considered out of their parents family. Many MPs may hold view it is the younger generations who left their elderly parents behind. The next phase could be they may have to be content to contact by modern means of communication on internet etc, if it becomes difficult to get visit visas enabling any physical contact, after a tougher regime sets in when right of appeal is removed from family visit visas on 25 June , as I am told .

Post Reply
cron