ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of a UK child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Parentofaukchild
Newly Registered
St Lucia

Parent of a UK child

Post by Parentofaukchild » Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi there

I am looking to apply for immigration as a parent of a UK child.

What I don't understand is the maintenance requirement. How am I meant to meet that while outside the UK? Is it on a savings basis? Do I have to have a UK job offer? It says specifically in the guidance notes (if the applicant is already in the UK and in employment) but does not specify what the guidelines are if that is not the case.

I understand the ABC calculations with reference to income support but not how they apply to my situation.

I and the child meet all other criteria so it is solely this aspect I am looking for guidance on.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Parent of a UK child

Post by physicskate » Wed May 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Parentofaukchild wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm
Hi there

I am looking to apply for immigration as a parent of a UK child.

What I don't understand is the maintenance requirement. How am I meant to meet that while outside the UK? Is it on a savings basis? Do I have to have a UK job offer? It says specifically in the guidance notes (if the applicant is already in the UK and in employment) but does not specify what the guidelines are if that is not the case.

I understand the ABC calculations with reference to income support but not how they apply to my situation.

I and the child meet all other criteria so it is solely this aspect I am looking for guidance on.
Is the child already in the UK? Are you?

Parentofaukchild
Newly Registered
St Lucia

Post by Parentofaukchild » Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am

The mother of the child and I have split and have about 60:40 arrangements for the child, slightly more with her mother. The mother of the child wants to return to the UK with the child but also wants me to continue to see the child as much as possible, which obviously I want to do.

So currently we are all out of the UK. As I understand the mother of the child can relocate to the UK with the child and then I can apply from outside the UK.

Parentofaukchild
Newly Registered
St Lucia

Post by Parentofaukchild » Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am

The mother of the child and I have split and have about 60:40 arrangements for the child, slightly more with their mother. The mother of the child wants to return to the UK with the child but also wants me to continue to see the child as much as possible, which obviously I want to do.

So currently we are all out of the UK. As I understand the mother of the child can relocate to the UK with the child and then I can apply from outside the UK.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu May 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Parentofaukchild wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 am
The mother of the child and I have split and have about 60:40 arrangements for the child, slightly more with their mother. The mother of the child wants to return to the UK with the child but also wants me to continue to see the child as much as possible, which obviously I want to do.

I've never seen a successful application of this nature. The UKVI have a hostile environment to immigrants. While there is a right to a family life, that family does not have to take place in the UK. The UK has made decisions on some applications where all applicants are in the UK that their family life can continue outside the UK. They may take the same view in your situation, as it has previously existed outside the UK. Additionally, you do not have a UK court decision for access.

Are you outside the EU??